Recent Report Posts

1. Hiddenwood by Makoti

Anyone been out to Hiddenwood Lake this year or recently even? Im lookin at it as a possible lake to fish next weekend, as im coming to Minot again to see family. Saw decent number s of each species of the Game and FIsh website. Hows Access? If access is terrible, is there any good spots 100-300 yards off shore? Thanks
  2. Deepwater

Four of us went to Deepwater on west Sakakawea. A lot of snow, so we basically setup and hunkered down in two Otters, with a bunch of tip ups out. We were in a bay all by ourselves, and for good reason as it turns out. We were setup off of a sunken point in 24-26 fow. We caught a few cisco, a few pike, a perch, and one walleye.

I like that area, and will be back.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  3. Alkali Lake

Fished Alkali Lake Saturday. Got out there about 7:00am and fished until noon. Caught 3 fish. A 25", 21", and an 11". All eyes. About 12fow. Had to have been 500 people out there. Looked like a tournament was going on. Water is really murky. There was a lot of slush around the shore where we were fishing. This lake has definitely cooled down. Had fun with some old friends that I don't see to often.
  4. Se nd

Took a buddy of mine from Texas out on Saturday for his first ever ice fishing experience/adventure. Got to the lake about 11am and the Ranger wouldn't start so we just walked out and started searching, finally marked a few and got setup for gills and crappie. Marked a lot of fish overall but enticing a bite was tricky and tried everything from tungsten's with waxies and plastics to small spoons (lindy jigging spoon/vmc flashchamp) and even 1/16oz VMC Tingler and #3 rippin rap with pink white UV seeming best, minnow and bobbers also produced a few. Ice was about 24-26in thick and the water is ...
    Categories
    Other: SE ND Area
  5. Lake Geneva

I fished from about 330-630 and caught 2 perch and marked fish on and off but no other bites. Winter doldrums I would guess. Fished in about 9 ft. Thanks for the ride in to the guys in the side X side. dukgnfsn
  6. DL last weekend

Drove up to DL last Wednesday and fished out of Woodland resort ice houses after and during (Thursday) the coldest days of the year to that point for 3 days of fishing thru Saturday. We caught about 15-20 walleye each day but only 4 that we kept, lots of little ones. Marked a lot of fish and missed at least as many as we caught. They were barely grabbing the minnow by the head or the tail and on the hook set would get the minnow with no hook in them. During the day when we moved out into deeper water looking for perch we also marked fish but lot of lookers with no hookers, we caught one perch ...
    Categories
    Devils Lake
  7. Antelope Lake

So, finally made it up to Minot after asking for all that advice and reports. Went out on Sat. with my grandpa. Didn't go far from the ramp on the Anamoose side of the lake. Got set up around quarter to 8. Marked lots hugging the bottom. Must have been roaming schools, as they would come and go. Few little ones. Lost a giant at the hole. Kept 6. Caught my new PB perch. Didn't measure, but roughly 11-12 inch. Lots little ones were stealing bait. Really slow. Packed up around 2. As we were leaving, I saw something hilarious. 2 High school age kids came down the ramp with an old Buick car and had ...
  8. Lake Josephine 2.2.2019

Neighbor and his kids wanted to do a little fishing before the Super Bowl Sunday. So we loaded up and made it out to Lake Josephine by late afternoon on Saturday 2.2.2019.

Access to the lake was still open (maybe from the tournament a few weekends ago, as someone plowed from the boat ramp quite a ways to the northwest side of the lake). Off of the road there was quite a bit of drifting in most places and I'm afraid we weren't able to venture off the road very far before setting up the house.

We fished from 3:30-10:30 Saturday night, put the rattle reels down for the ...
  9. Skunk Bay

4 of us went to Skunk Bay on 2-2 and fished from about 9:30am-6pm. Very slow. Only had 3 bites up until the night bite. Ended up catching a few dinks, 1 pike and a 16 inch sauger. Dirty ice ate my auger blades to death. Disappointing trip.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  10. Sibley or Josephine

Have intentions of fishing one or possibly both lakes tomorrow. Can anyone tell me if I can still get around with the truck or has the snow gotten too deep and ATV will be needed? Tight Lines!
    Categories
    Sibley Lake
  11. Lake oahe 4 mile bay

I fished 4 mile bay early ice and did really good for big slab crappies and some monster northers! We tried going back there once after first big snow storm but the access was not good so just wondering if anyone knows if a guy can get down to the ice with a truck? Thanks
    Categories
    Lake Oahe
  12. Audubon

Have had my wheel house on the south side of the lake for a while. Had some luck early on but lately it's just a crap show. Last couple times didn't even mark anything. 17' of water. Anyone else been having any luck? Also it's getting tougher to drive around out there
    Categories
    Lake Audubon
Page 1 of 157 1231151101 ... LastLast

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter