Recent Report Posts

1. salmon

2. Pouch point area

I fished out of pouch point sat and sun. Sat it was me and my 2 kids (4and5) the wind was a little much but they were troopers pulling in 5 nice walleye in 2 hrs had a quite few get off we pulled cranks they I had them leave the pull in the holder and they realed the best they could I did the netting which in the waves and no rod control was quite difficult and they were were very unforgiving when I messed up lol my daughter caught a nice 27 incher that I didn't miss her biggest ever it was fun on sun it was dad's turn I went out with 2 friends and the crank bite was hot and heavy we boated 35 ...
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  3. Van Hook Weekend

Spent three days at Van Hook, Friday thru Sunday. Caught nice fish, not big numbers but good fishing. It was difficult to pattern them, never found a real concentration of fish. One here, one there, two here, one there. Shallow to deep, we caught fish in 12' to 32' with 20' marking a lot of fish. Bait was better than cranks, just couldn't get a good cranking pattern going. Fished all over, from the slides to Shell Creek Bay and the west side. Nothing really stood out. Fun weekend with pretty good weather as a whole!
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  4. Van Hook on Sakakawea

Went up to Van Hook this past weekend and we did very well both Saturday and Sunday with limits for all. Hot and windy on Saturday left us backtrolling and drifting spinners with crawlers. While I wouldn't say we had the fish jumping in the boat as we would catch 1-3, then sit for 45 minutes before another bite. Anyway, we ended up with some pretty nice stringers of fish, to include a 31" eye for the soon-to-be 80 year old stepdad. By far his biggest eye ever. We easily had one of the nicer stringers of fish at the cleaning station, but by no means does that suggest others weren't catching ...
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  5. Parshall 14 July

Choppy water again this morning but was able to get our limit by 9am. Fishing was so good we kept catching and releasing for another hour. All were caught between 26-32FOW
    Tags: sakakawea Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  6. Geneva

Fished Geneva via kayak last nite when temp cooled down. Beautiful evening and great little lake for kayaks and fly rods. Only one nice walleye and a bunch of perch, but great relief from the heat! Hit the lake af 8 pm and left at about 10.
  7. Beaver Bay - Lake Oahe

Has anyone been fishing around Beaver Bay or South down around Fort Yates? Haven't seen any reports lately.
    Categories
    Lake Oahe
  8. Pouch Point 7/8

Took the kayak out around 2PM. Took the advice of a kind angler that was leaving as I was prepping the yak and chose silver blades on worm harnesses. Bottom bouncer had no action. 4 Fish on Carolina rigs. The key was slow speeds. If I paddled normally, no takers. Two came when I was replacing the bait on the other pole. Called it finex fishex at 7:15 and paddled back to the ramp.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  9. Sakakawea East End

I was lucky enough to get out fishing Friday (7/6) and Saturday (7/7) on the east end. Fished between Hazen Bay and Pick City. All I have to say is the fishing was terrific. I don't think we caught a fish smaller than 17 inches, and released a few over 24 inches.

Easy 2-3 man limits each morning. 15-25 FOW worked with crawlers and live bait rigs. Did not really matter.

It might have been the best fishing I have ever been a part of on the east end. Just a fun time. Sak is peaking.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  10. Sunken Islands

Went out Saturday morning fighting a few waves to hit several sunken islands. Tried around the top edge of them around 20' but nothing. Once we went between 25-30' the bite was on. Biggest I got was 26" and that beauty was put back to become my future wall hanger The lake is awesome again this year!
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  11. Parshall Bay

Well, we were down at the lake from Tuesday night until Sunday. The fishing was great all week. It wasn't incredibly consistent as far as a pattern goes. Some days we found them in 7 fow, and some days in 25+ fow.

On Saturday we fished the Friends of Parshall bay tournament. It was myself, the wife, and our oldest. The tournament had a 23" slot limit with one over. We started out great with 3 right at 23", and filled our 10 easily, but could not find that BIG one. We ended up in 5th. My son may have lost our big fish. He had a tank on, and in his excitement, he ...
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  12. East End 7/8/18

Hey All

Spent the last 2 mornings on the water, that wind though

Yesterday was mostly a bust, south wind held me to Garrison Bay. Fished from 8-11 pulling cranks and spinners to no avail. Did not mark much fish either, Worked 10-21 FOW.

Today was a better story. Took off right away and headed west to douglas. Started out on the islands/submerged islands in the mouth. Didn't mark much fish, guys that were trolling the area did not hold in one spot. Wind came up about 8am so I went to the north shore and tried some areas in Douglas, marked good ...
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
Page 1 of 145 1231151101 ... LastLast

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter