Recent Report Posts

1. Salmon Report

Bottom line up front (BLUF): No salmon were harmed and it was windy enough to blow the dog off the chain.

Fished from Government Bay to the dam at all depths and with various tackle from 1 p.m. until 6 p.m. No salmon, one goldeye. Water temp was 61 F. As the afternoon wore on the wind shifted to the northeast gusting into the 30s and blowing spray off the top of the swells at times. Holed up in the wind shadow of Mallard Island and tried for some walleye on jigs. No takers. The downwind run back to the ramp was exciting with the large swell, which was about the upper limit ...
    Tags: salmon, skunked Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  2. Shore fishing salmon

Has anyone catching salmon off shore in Scoria Bay?
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  3. Missouri

Drove through kniefel boat ramp on way home the other day. River has gone so much now I can see sandbars in the middle of the river not to far away. Anyone been out in this neck of the river lately?
    Categories
    Missouri River
  4. Lake darling

Went to grano on Tuesday was there for about 3 hours with not a bit, tried minnows, worms, gulp, cranks. There was another guy there saying he he has had some decent luck, but not the day we were there, there catching them on boats a little ways south, in shallow water with cranks! Man I need to convince my wife to let me get a boat
    Categories
    Lake Darling
  5. Red River 9-19-18

Things are changing fast now as they do every year about this time. The low water and lack of current continues. Over the past few days and looking at the forecast water temperatures will plummet over the next week or so.

The big fish have come alive and are actively feeding to get ready for the winter. they are feeding on the softer side of the current or shallow but near deeper water. Sit times do not need to be more than 20 minutes as they will be in the area and hit the bait or they won't. Frogs have been the hands down best bait but they will take sucker, either fresh or ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images     
  6. Hazelton

Fished Hazelton Boat ramp Saturday from 9 till 2. Caught two northerns was all. Caught one of a jointed shad rap and the other on a fireball jig. Water level is still pretty high.
    Categories
    Missouri River
  7. East end Sak

Decided to dust off the line counters and give it a go with my 7 year old boy. He was helping me set depths after the first pass. Wasn’t expecting much with the east wind and weather but to my surprise, it was a pretty good afternoon.

10 eyes in about 3 hours. 18”-21”. 30-35 ft. #9 shad raps.

Smelt were stacked in 45-60’ feet of water with plenty of fish mixed in with them but no takers.

East end end of the lake fish the saddles between a few humps.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  8. Darling again...

Welp I posted a warning and it did no good. Let's make this guy famous! Picked up his pile of cans yet again.
    Categories
    Lake Darling
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
  9. Red River 9-13-18

Fronts on top of fronts have made catfishing pretty spotty and full of ups and downs. The fish seem to be holding shallow and out of the current most of the time right now. The lack of current has the fish spread out. Even though the fish are out of the current they want it near by so try to find visible current. You have to give them a fair sit and work the clock and spots to determine where they are a given day. Once you find where they are and replicate it you can catch a lot of fish in a short time.

Water levels are lower than last week which is not helping conditions. ...
    Categories
    Red River
  10. Garrison Dam Tailrace - 9-11-18

Fished from shore on east rocks, close to the north end. About 10 or 12 casts south of the barbed wire fence. Arrived about 9:30 PM and fished until a little after 1 AM. Tried pitching jigs with white plastics, green plastics, and silver gray plastics. Nothing. Tried throwing various cranks. Nothing.

Quit from a little after 1, until about 4:45 AM and hit it again. Threw the kitchen sink. Nothing.

Clearly, I need more practice.

I had two or three bites, and caught one carp.

Go get 'em boys. I did what I could, but I left them all there. ...
    Categories
    Missouri River
  11. Darling

This is kinda, sorta a report and kinda not......I was up at darling yesterday with the intention of shore fishing. However when I got there I was disgusted by the amount of garbage laying all over. I put away my equipment and pulled every bag, bucket and box I could find out of my car and damn near filled my trunk with crap (mostly beer cans and tackle packaging). (I'm going to go ahead and switch to capital letters here my point gets across) I FISH THIS AREA ALOT AND KNOW WHAT THE PEOPLE AND VEHICLES LOOK LIKE THAT HAVE BEEN LEAVING THEIR FILTH.....NOW THANKS TO ME SO DOES THE REFUGE MANAGER.....I ...
    Categories
    Lake Darling
  12. Drive About

Loaded up the pup and took a drive to six of our local lakes. Only seen one boat and that was on Kraft Slough. Nothing else going on that I could see.
    Categories
    Other: SE ND Area
Page 1 of 150 1231151101 ... LastLast

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter