Recent Report Posts

1. Beaver Bay - Got nothin'

Took the boat to Beaver Bay on Lake Oahe. Only caught my index finger and a channel catfish, both of which were released. The water in Beaver Bay, east of the bridge, was close to 80 F at the surface. The water was murky everywhere, maybe on account of the recent rains. The walleye, if they exist, were not interested in my jigs and minnows, jigs and worms, or in crankbaits trolled for miles in all depths.

-Creek Chub
    Tags: beaver bay Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Lake Oahe
  2. Van Hook 7-20-2017

Hit Van Hook yesterday. Got about an hour of fishing in before my trolling motor batteries crapped out. Managed to box a couple very healthy 18" eyes and threw back half a dozen that were around 13". Crawlers on the edge of a submerged island in about 26-30' is what was working for us. Once the batteries crapped out we tried back trolling with the drift sock out but couldn't get under 1.3mph so it was no good. I've been having pretty good luck down there lately with a neon green gamakatsu octopus hook and a whole crawler hanging off the back.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  3. Governors Cup

Good luck tomorrow boys and girls!! I sure hope it's better fishing than it was today... what a 180 from last night. Hammered 20 in an hour and half last night solo and only picked up 7 all day today in a 12 hour shift..no petroleum was spared either I was all over the east end.

Stay safe and have fun tomorrow. Good luck!
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  4. Red River at Grand Forks 7-20-17

I would call the catfishing this week seasonal. It is a pretty normal bite for a period of lower water and heat. The catfish are in post spawn and spread out in their summer haunts. The more aggressive fish are in the deeper water in the middle of the river. As usual stay on the move and keep the bait fresh. Bait does not seem to matter still but people with frogs are saying they are getting their better hits with them.
    Categories
    Red River
  5. van hook (15July2017)

dumped the boat in at 0630 last Saturday and fished til about 1600. We did nothing but pull cranks but a fun day was had. Boated over 50 walleyes with the biggest 5 in the 21 to 23" range. Didn't touch a crawler all weekend so I had a smile on my face. 20 FOW seemed to be the magical depth but all speeds seemed to trigger fish to bite. Colors changed a lot throughout the day so keep those plano trays handy.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  6. Sak East End

Name:  IMG_6907.jpg
Views: 1728
Size:  92.6 KBName:  IMG_6911.jpg
Views: 1729
Size:  91.9 KBWent out Tuesday night used BB's/spinners in 10-25 Name:  IMG_6922.jpg
Views: 1734
Size:  93.2 KBFOW. The walleye were not biting like they were this weekend. Lost a good one at the boat and caught two small ones. Talked with 6 other boats and no keepers between them. The Pike/Golden Eye were hitting as the evening went out. Caught my biggest pike at around 44" and weighed 21 lbs and some change. CPR...
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  7. Lake Audubon

Made it out for about 4 hours Saturday afternoon. Fished midlake humps in 4 to 13 feet. We were targeting small mouth. We were pitching jigs with paddle tails. Ended the afternoon with about 8 small mouth and 3 keeper eyes.
    Categories
    Lake Audubon
  8. Van Hook NR Pillaging

Came north to fish the Van Hook area for the first time and to pillage a few ND walleyes. First day got there mid afternoon and headed to the west side. Had nice fish on nearly immediately pulling cranks in 18-20'. Very nice average of fish and a good way to start the trip. Second day way windy and we elected to put in at Parshall and fished Shell Creek. Pulled cranks in 10' and caught nice fish, not quite the quality of the previous day but did find a nice 27" to C & R. Third day was nice and we headed back to the west side. Bite seemed slower in the morning in that area but heated ...
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  9. East End Sak 7/15

Fished east end of Sak on Sat between 3:00 - 6:30 p.m. Brought home a two man limit w/ the largest measuring 24". Pulled BBs, spinners and crawlers, .08-1 mph in 20-25 FOW
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  10. East Sak

Took a trip to East Sak on Sunday morning. Was hoping to get in before the wind, but it arrived as soon as I did. Spent just about 2 hours on the water trolling BB's. final tally 15 Walleyes, 8 Golden Eyes, 2 Pike, and a huge 4" perch. Kept my limit of 18"-20" with one 23" 4.5 pound (kept due to hooked/broken gill). Color did not matter and the fish seemed to be in 13'-17' FOW. Speed was not a factor as I caught them at .8-1.6 MPH. Marked hundreds of fish and had many times where both poles were getting hit at the same time. Going to try Tuesday afternoon-night to see if it ...
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images   
  11. Grano/Darling

Went up to Grano on Lake Darling on Saturday morning. Spent 8 hours on the water and ended up with 3 15-17" eaters. Tried BB, Cranks, Jigs and the Kitchen Sink. Lots of fish 10 small eyes and 20+ Bullhead (biggest about 3.5 lbs). Lots of green algae floating in the water. Water was 73.5 on surface.
    Categories
    Lake Darling
  12. NewTown to 8lb

A buddy and I fished the AIM event out of NewTown. We ended up going straight to 8lb, fighting some big rollers. We picked up a 23.75" right off the bat, and had high hopes. We picked up a few others there, then decided to try and get back into the river area. It was a roller coaster ride at 10 mph back. Once into the river it was not too bad. We poked through a few spots and had a card filled with 20"+ fish. I ended up losing our kicker fish. Bastard spit the hook. I almost broke my rod over my knee. Guessing that fish would have put us close to a top 10 finish. Ended up ...
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
Page 1 of 117 1231151101 ... LastLast

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter