Recent Report Posts

1. Van Hook/Parshall Bay

Fished Friday evening down on shell island. Marked lots of fish, but just couldn't get a good bite going. Jiggin Raps took our only 2 fish, both of which were ~23". Tried pulling BB/spinners and later trolling cranks with no luck.

Skipped the rainy mess on Saturday and headed up to Van Hook on Sunday. Started out around the islands near the landing. Seemed like we'd hit a spot and pick up a couple fish right away and then nothing until we moved to another point/island. Ran over to Parshall bay before the crowd got there and picked up a few more fish and lost a few on the north ...
  2. East Sakakawea

3. Audubon yesterday for a few hours...

Got one decent eye, small pike and a couple keeper smallmouth. Wasnt fast and furious but at least we caught something... Eye came on shad rap, everything else was on jigs.
    Categories
    Lake Audubon
  4. Lake Darling Grano crossing

Wife and I stopped by the bridge at Grano and practiced for the bullhead tournament as all we caught was bullheads, Used leeches, crawlers and smelt and all three worked like a charm for bullheads. Guy down the shore was using a large daredevil and caught his own bullhead. Guess we need another flood to push the dang things on through the dam around the corner and back up to Canada.
    Categories
    Lake Darling
  5. Sakakawea midsection

We got out Friday afternoon on the middle section of sakakawea for about 5 hours first two spots were a bust then we pulled out to a main lake point and got 6 quick ones using slow death with half crawls and smile blade and also minnow and lindy and smile blade in 8-12 feet, it was a pretty small spot and I think we pressured the fish out of there. We started working our way down the shore and got into a couple schools of fish. We caught 13 more keeping 9 and lost 3 at the boat in about an hour. The fish were sitting between the big rocks that are snag haven in 7-10 feet and wanted the baits ...
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  6. Misty waters

Was out yesterday morning around misty. Went to all the spots and only a bite. Decided not to get minnows and just use power bait. Not sure if I didn't have much luck because the water is high or because I didn't have minnows. Was out last Monday with a buddy and we each got our limit using minnows. Anyone having luck with the high waters and what are you using?
    Categories
    Missouri River
  7. Sheyenne River

Got out later last night after work to sling a few baits. Managed hooking 2 small cars again and a goldeye on beef liver along with many small hits. Liver produced best with hits on goldeye but less committed. Worked the fast and slack water in a 90 degree bend in a few different areas and the fish seemed to be right in the middle ground and particularly in one specific area. Depending on current tried 2, 3, 4oz sinkers.
    Categories
    Sheyenne River
  8. Lake sak.... the hook

On water at 5pm and off at 8:30. Pulled BB with crawlers in 8 to 12 FOW at .8 to 1.4mph and water temp at 69.7 on wind blown side, biggest was a 27" at 8.1 lbs.... yup the wife out fished me again tonight gosh dang it....haha. had a good time on the water tonight and also seen allot of other people having a good time as well

Name:  20180615_181128.jpg
Views: 1781
Size:  98.8 KB
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  9. Beaver Bay Missouri

My father-in-law had a few days of vacation to burn so he decided to tug the old camper and boat to Beaver Bay yesterday (6/13/2018). He went out in the morning and caught 3-4 smaller walleye using bb's/spinners with worms.

I took off early from work, met him down there, and we were back on the water for the afternoon at around 4:00pm. It was quite windy, but was still a fun evening. We managed to get 9 keeper walleye, 16-21", with a handful of smaller ones. Caught a drum and a decent crappie as well. We mostly used bbs/spinners with worms. Also caught a few on crankbaits, ...
    Categories
    Missouri River
  10. Red River 6-13-18

The spawn is on about three weeks early this year. Fishing around Grand Forks has been tough to say the least. The catfish should be coming to the end of their spawn in the next week or so. For now the best one can do is go fishing and tough it out. The best spots I have found are shallow and out of the current near structure. Snags that are out of the main current and near cut banks seem to be producing the best the past few days. Bait varies right now. Sucker is working but I have been doing better on small chunks of frozen sucker.

The rains of the past week have put the ...
    Categories
    Red River
  11. Sakakawea River section

We made a run up to the river section north of skunk bay last week Friday and Saturday, to say the fishing is good is an understatement. Although you can go play bumper boats at the usual community holes there are walleye all along the river right now. We fished away from people both days and crushed fish in anywhere from 7-18 feet. fish bit on jigs and spinners, and lindys both crawlers and minnows a blade or prop seemed to make a huge difference in triggering bites.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  12. Bassing for Cats Pt Deux

Hit the river Saturday to see what I could find for more catfish beings the last couple were do tasty. Tried to find some frogs on short notice with no luck so it ended up being beef liver for bait. The river had come up 2.5-3ft so that forced me to work the bank a little different and trying to find a different angle for working the current in about a 90 degree turn of the river. Finally got into a spot were I could work the faster moving down stream as well as the eddies circling back with my rods only spaced 2ft apart. The fast current produced a smaller cat and the Eddie area gave me 3 more ...
    Categories
    Sheyenne River
Page 1 of 141 1231151101 ... LastLast

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter