Recent Report Posts

1. Headed to Hazelton Landing

Took a half day and headed to Hazelton. Fished up from the ramp in 12ish FOW. Jigs with minnows caught us a limit in 2 hours or so. 16 to 20" fish.
  2. Dark house spearing

Any recommendations on where to spear fish around the Bismarck area?

Thanks.
  3. Sak Ice

Anyone have any word on how the ice is coming along?
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  4. Hazelton lost and found key

I found a single key on the pavement when I was getting my boat ready to leave on the evening of October (Saturday) the 28th. If you lost a key and can identify it, I'll get it to you.
    Categories
    Lake Oahe
  5. Sak West End

Made it out on Saturday for one last trip with the boat this year. Weather turned out to be perfect and the fishing wasn't bad. Came home with 5 eaters, and put a 26" back in to catch another day. Jigging raps and big cranks both worked. Also caught some nice pike, and white bass. It was an action filled day.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
  6. River south of Bismarck

Hit the river yesterday morning. Tried lots of different presentations. Got a couple on jigs, my partner snagged one snapping up a jigging rap. Caught most fish on a B.B. and spinner with a minnow. Kept 7 nice fish before having to leave. Most fish were pretty shallow.
    Categories
    Missouri River
  7. Pike report no luck

Went to Horsehead, fished for 5 hrs from shore, no bites at all. Went to Pipestem next day with 0 luck again. Looking for ideas for pike from shore around the Jamestown area.
  8. The party is over at Alkaline Lake

Took the afternoon off, de-winterized the boat, and went to fish Alkaline Lake. The water temp was about 48 degrees and clarity was poor. We jigged and trolled crankbaits to no avail. Only saw a couple of marks on the fish finder. Other boats reported one or two fish per boat. Sad!

Also fished Lake Sakakawea for salmon again a couple of weeks ago. Got nothin'. Fished the Missouri River near Bismarck a week or so ago too and caught zero walleye but one very nice northern pike.

-Creek Chub
  9. Thursday felt like a Saturday on river south of Bis/Man

Had a late start, put in around noon south of town. Wow have not seen that many boats down there since the spring bite, had to been at least a 100 boats down there. Everyone had the same idea day off of work plus a lot of retired anglers. The wife and myself decided to fish away from the all the boat traffic. Had a nice run going did not use any live bait picked up 8 eater lost a nice 19 incher had to be a female right at the boat. Finished up at 5:00. Top water temp 52, we were fishing deep 19 -28, seen a lot of b.b and a lot of jiggers catching some fish also. Just great day to be on the river. ...
    Categories
    Missouri River
  10. Sak

Name:  20171019_134723.jpg
Views: 4258
Size:  94.8 KB

Went to sak today, fished west of independence point...snap jigging... wife out fished me again today with the biggest being a 26 incher ....water temp was 56 deg
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  11. Sakakawea

Headed up to Sakakawea. Put in at Deep Water and fished Shell Island. Fishing was good. Came home with a limit. Snap jigging the drop offs produced our fish. Jigging Raps were best. Color seems to change daily so have some colors to go through until you find what they want.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  12. Need help

Hey Guy's I'm looking for a little insight for fishing around the Beulah and Hazen bay's area early next week taking advantage of the warm weather. Any suggetions would be much appreciated
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
Page 1 of 124 1231151101 ... LastLast

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter