Recent Report Posts

1. Sake East End 9/23/17

Was up around Garrison on Saturday. Fished from Garrison down to Berthold. Tried bays, main lake points and other structure. Hardly marked a fish all day and covered lots of water. Picked up a few small pike and that was it.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  2. Red River 9-20-17

The water temperature prediction from last week was pretty accurate and the catfish have gone to more of a slow bite but they are there to be caught. The best bites have been off the current or on the back side of an inside corner. Don't be afraid to go very shallow. Active fish will be on quickly still so you can move fairly often with no fish.

Bait has switched from frozen to fresh sucker but frozen sucker still works. Frogs are working but not a favorite. Looking at the extended forecast we have a week maybe two left for the cats before things slow down for ...
    Categories
    Red River
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images   
  3. salmon

shore fished friday night and saturday for salmon in government. mostly spoons, ended up with 1 friday and 1 saturday along with missing 1. seen some other shore anglers catching a few fish and also loosing some. pretty tough weather but overall a good time. fish are starting to get stacked up in the bay, seen a few swimming right off shore in 2 foot of water.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  4. Sakakawea

Was looking to get on some eyes this weekend. Don't fish here too often or know what's working up there this time of year.. was wondering if anyone had a little bit of insight, thanks
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  5. Shore Fishing Salmon

Looking at trying some shore fishing for Salmon this weekend, anyone have any reports on the salmon shore fishing from this week? Planning on bringing up some cranks and all my northern gear. Any other suggestions, i did pickup so jig squid setup, not sure if that is something that is used for shore fishing. First time i have ever done this so looking for any advice i can get.
    Tags: salmon, shore Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  6. Red River 9-13-17

Catfishing the Red remains fair. The lack of current has the catfish spread out meaning you have to keep moving the baits and keeping it fresh to locate active fish. The good news to that is that in finding a pattern they are hanging out on the off current side of the river with recent small fronts that have gone through. Sit times have been fairly short with the warm week at 15-20 minutes.

Baits remain that same frogs and frozen sucker with a little bit of a liking for fresh sucker again.

The forecast going into the weekend is for fall. We will ...
    Categories
    Red River
  7. Skunked last two attempts at Lake Sakakawea salmon

Hey all,

About two weeks ago we tried for salmon along the face of Garrison Dam and along the Riverdale bluffs to Government Bay. No takers. This past weekend I was up there again on Friday evening and Saturday morning and evenings and again got no takers. What am I doing wrong? I tried everything I had behind the downrigger and there wasn't even a bite.

Am I reading the sonar display correctly? In the screen grabs below are those smelt at the 100+ foot range with salmon loitering slightly above them? The horizontal line in some of the images is my downrigger ...

Updated 09-12-2017 at 05:12 PM by Creek Chub

Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  8. Central Lake Sak and to the east end.

Fished friday out of Beulah doing some local research for the Last Call Tourney, found a few fish at the pump house, as well as in Nishu. Pretty much a barren wasteland otherwise. We were Nishu to Beaver and east to Hazen Bay and west mouth of Douglas. The few fish we did find seemed to prefer cranks but rigs with a slow death and a leech seemed to work at the pump house ok. Found out at the rules meeting that a majority of the boats were running west and north. We weren't making that run but did run to home waters on the east end. 4 out of 69 boats went east.
    We found fish stacked in up ...

Updated 09-11-2017 at 12:07 PM by Bauer

Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  9. Red River 9-10-17

We are coming into the final stretch of the catfish season. Fall is really in the air. The cats seem to be playing pretty well considering the water is really low. South Grand Forks above the dam has almost no current causing the cats to be spread out but still catchable. Below the dam in Grand Forks has some decent fishing but it is very treacherous to get around so be very very careful if you go down there. Drayton is low but still fishable, again be careful getting around the shallow areas.

Bait has changed a little this week with frozen suckers being the top but there is also ...
    Categories
    Red River
  10. Heskett 9/7/2017 PICK UP YOUR TRASH

Was a nice night to get out and toss some FL13s. Tried hot steel, blue, firetiger. No takers, one bump. Nothing on jig/twister set-up either. Fished from 8:30-10:30.

Of note--- I have come to realize most on this site are sportsman and care about nature. I noticed last night that not all people that fish are. I picked up a grocery bag full of garbage (worm tubs, crankbait packages, cigarette butts, beer cans). Please chew someone's ass if you see them doing this. I noticed whoever else was fishing with me over there last night did the same thing I did, as there was another ...
    Categories
    Missouri River
  11. DeepWater/Van Hook

Myself and two others went out of Deepwater this past Saturday. Started at Independence Island with limited success. Moved to Independence Point no fish. Moved to the west end of Shell. ALOT of boats there. Picked up a couple more. (don't raise a net or you'll mobbed). Sorry I won't fish like that. Moved to 8lb, found a few more. East end of Shell nothing. Slides, nothing. Made one final move to Sheephead found one more. Ended at 4 pm two short of a limit. Everything was in 30ft. Tried spinners, smiles, jigging raps, they seemed to like slow death or snell hook best. Beautiful day, great company, ...
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  12. Salmon activity

Planning on heading down by Garrison to try out some salmon fishing. Looking for some advice and tips for a first time out guy. I have my boat setup with downriggers and have Fish Lake Michigan many times but looking for some local advice out here. From the reports I have read anywhere from 85 to 105 ft down is a productive water column. Do any of you salmon fishermen out here catch fish above that targeted water column range? I have some of my rods set up with copper line that can get me down maybe 50 ft or so and Dipsy divers that can get me down 20 to 40 ft . Am I wasting my time ...
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
Page 1 of 122 1231151101 ... LastLast

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter