Recent Report Posts

1. Tailrace

Anyone been to the tailrace? Can you fish it this time of year?
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  2. Red River Conditions April 21, 2018

This is NOT a fishing report but a river report. Lots has happened this week with the runoff making it to the river bring it up to flood stage. We are currently around 31 feet with 37 expected early next week. This in my mind is the perfect flood as it will not close roads or cause property damage but will clean years of grass and brush off the banks and move some of the snag piles around making new structure.

I am anticipating the river going below flood stage between May 1st and 5th then settling out and warming up.

I am anticipating catfishing to get started about ...
    Categories
    Red River
  3. Missouri River

I went and dipped in the waders at Hesket on Wednesday, March 18th and not a bite. I pitched jigs with a plastic and casted lures. Fished from 7:30pm to 10:30.
    Categories
    Missouri River
  4. Missouri River Bismarck

Brother and I fished the Missouri from the Fox Island ramp on Saturday and Sunday. Spend a total of about 5 hours fishing. Fishing was slow as expected. The water was dirty and about 38 degrees. Caught one 24" walleye at the opening of a bay. It was fat and tasted good I heard. We only tried jigs in various depths of water. Talked to a number of other boats. Most had no fish. One guy said he caught 3. I believe the water cleared up a bit from Saturday to Sunday.
    Categories
    Missouri River
  5. Darling/Grano

Was able to get 1 final trip in and the auger started and limped it threw 4 holes!! Went 100 yards south of bridge had 30 inches of ice few trucks were out there driving around. Daughter and I caught 12 walleye only kept 3 was a great end to my ice season.
    Categories
    Lake Darling
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
  6. Sak pike

Seems like there has basically been zero new posts for a extended period of time now and this is not a post but hopefully get some people talking. I'm heading to sak tomorrow in search of some flags and I will comment on here how it goes. Anyone else have anything to add about Sak or pike feel free to say something.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  7. Muddin' in the snow

With the bright sun, light wind, and enjoyable temps I decided to hit the Sheyenne for the second time this year. The first time out was several weeks ago and I managed only one 12 inch walleye. It was fun to flex the long poles a bit and I really didn't expect to catch anything, but was pleasantly surprised. I went out today with the exact same expectations and was again, pleasantly surprised. I used my trusty 1/8th oz jig in white tipped with a minnow and plucked two 12 inch walleyes from the cold depths of the river. Actually the fish were in about 2 ft of water. No arm jarring strikes, ...
    Categories
    Sheyenne River
  8. Open Water

Anyone been out open water fishing yet or know where there is some? Having any luck for pike or eyes? Ive fished on the Sheyenne River a couple of times. Getting sick of ice fishing
  9. Rainy River

Fished Friday the 6th and Saturday the 7th. Fishing was tough for all we talked to. Managed to find 2 walleyes with the biggest being a 22" fish. Landed a few pike. Fished out of Frontier landing and headed down river to the ice edge and worked our way back. Saturday morning was 4 degrees air temp and 31.7 degree water temp and broke open a 3/4 to 1 inch new layer of ice with the boat. No lake fish as of yet as the color of the walleyes were bright and the fish were fat. River fish tend to be lighter color and pale. With this weeks weather, I don't believe the big numbers will appear prior ...
  10. Auger needed

Alone have a good but affordable ice auger for sale in Minot? Mine shit the bed and not ready to give up on the season just yet
  11. Sakakawea Pike Report

I fished a bay on the north side yesterday. Fished from 8am - 6pm. I was looking for pike so had tipups in 8 - 15 feet of water. It was the slowest day I think I have ever had. The ice is very thick with much snow cover so maybe the light penetration is low and keeping the fish out of the shallows or maybe I just suck. I caught 1 8lber and missed 3 light bites. For DM the water clarity was good and I would guess the water temp just over 32.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  12. Devils Lake?

Anyone been up to Devils Lake lately? Thinking of taking a trip up there this weekend, but haven't heard anything in regards to the fishing or how ice access is. Still plenty of ice on there, but just curious if you can even get on and around with a pickup?

Updated 04-05-2018 at 11:29 AM by Vollmer

Categories
    Information Requests
Page 1 of 134 1231151101 ... LastLast

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter