Recent Report Posts

1. Indian Hills

Fished Sat (8/11) out of Indian Hills from 9:30 until about noon. While sitting outside waiting for the kids to wake up I could hear most boats were headed West so I thought I'd go against the grain and head East. I stayed on the North shore going point to point looking for active fish anywhere from 18 to 40 feet. When I found them I'd whip around and fish them. Slow death with helicopter prop won the most bites. They're still out there just have to find them!
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
  2. Van Hook, 8/12

Put in at the Hook on Sunday the 12th around 0645. Wind was already whipping up the water pretty good at that point. Nonetheless, my two partners and I headed south on the Toon to Shell. Once we got to Shell we backtrolled with the Toon from out deep (48 ft) up into 13 ft of water. Got our first bites in the 15 ft range, easy to miss kind of bites. We had three nice eyes in the boat by 0730 using spinners and crawlers, some with and some without a slow death hook. By about 0830, the fishing really started to slow and between 1000 and 1100 we had maybe two bites. Called it a morning at 1100 ...
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  3. Van Hook 8/10

Put in at Parshal Bay before sunrise and ran out to 8lb to start. Fished the area to the southeast, popped 2 nice eyes in the first 20 min on a #9 purpledescent jigging rap. Picked up our third on a BB & white glow spinner with a crawler. All came in 30-35 fow. Didn't see any of the other boats fishing there catch anything, and most moved on pretty quickly.

After that headed down to shell island and fished the west end. Marked lots of fish 30-40 fow, but only managed to pick up 2 more smaller eyes and lost a couple nicer ones, all on BB & spinner, chart, orange & firetiger ...
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  4. Sakakawea fishing report

There seems to be a lack of fishing reports when the fishing slows down. Both on here and from several of the resorts and guides that post online. I know for a personal fact it has slowed down quite a bit. Is everybody trying to hide the news?
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  5. Sakakawea

Went up to Sak. yesterday (Wednesday) and wandered around Beaver Bay for a while from 2 until 7 pm. Very few boats on the water and the reports I heard were that it was slow. Didn't mark many fish except in 50' or deeper but did stumble on to a nice 20"er in about 25' of water. Couldn't seem to tempt the deep fish so I trolled along the shore in about 10-12' of water west of Beaver and managed to pick up 3 more 'eyes and a couple of nice perch. Fish must be really scattered because I never marked any fish in that shallow water but they were there. They were 19", 18", 17" ...
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  6. Salmon

Just throwing this out there for anybody hitting it up this weekend....hit the lake from 8-130 today, dropped my temp probe down and found 54 degrees to be down at 95, so decided to run my gear there according to anything I read 54 degree is optimal feeding range, anyway ran gear from 80-95 all morning with one small shaker on chartreuse bubble/glow flasher n white needlefish. Dropped gear farther down to 105 at noonish and landed 2 of 3 in an hour and a half, all chartreuse of some flavor and white needlefish, pulled the plug at 130 and called it a somewhat success with salmon for the charcoal. ...
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  7. Red River 8-1-18

Word on the street is catfishing is slow and that it is. River levels are getting lower and the catfish are sluggish, big fish in particular. That being said there are fish to be caught. You have to stay on the move and fish areas of current. Smaller shallow holes with good current over them have been the best.

Bait has been all over the board depending who you talk to. I have found goldeye and frogs to be the best but others have said sucker is the best. Try it all and find out what works best on a given day.
    Categories
    Red River
  8. Audubon: slow but steady Saturday

Was on the water by 7:30a, hit some humps and weedy structure mid-lake for a couple hours without much action, changing presentation, speed and depths until i found good action with smaller fish at about 18' (deeper was total quiet). Moved to shorelines that had good contours and picked up a number of keepers, still on the small side, a few on jig/minnows. But Crawlers on plain Slow-Death worked best, spinners of various colors and shapes were not on the walleye's menu for the day. Ended up around noon with around 25 brought aboard, five kept were 1@ 18" and the others 16-ish good enough ...
    Categories
    Lake Audubon
  9. Deepwater Bay

Gorgeous weekend for temperatures and light winds, no doubt about that. Fishing strategies changed, though, as the walleye population seemed to be on the move and their bite was a bit light. Both Saturday and Sunday we had to work a number of places and change presentations, but after 90mins the fish would turn off and disappear from the sonar.

We started out at depths of 25'-27' and using Lindy rigs with either worms or leeches. When those presentations stopped we converted over to jigging raps and caught a few more as those stopped working. We switched back to a Lindy/leech ...
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  10. Springbrook Dam

Not like any of you give a whoppi do for perch, but I"m gonna do a report anyways, like it or not.
    Back fishing pier saturday night, couldn't keep the 4-5" perch off my line....lol....1 big ol bullhead
    From about 6 PM to 8 PM....but after 7:30 they shut off like a light. Was DANG NICE night out, didn't even get ate by skeeters either.
    Categories
    Other: NW ND Area
  11. Salmon

Fished out of Government Bay on Saturday from Government to Dead man's and picked up two. one was a couple pounds and the other was 6 or 7. both were 80-85' with yellow flashers and white and white w/green needle squid about 8-10' behind the ball running 1.9-2.1mph. Talked with some other guys that had caught a few. I think they are just starting up.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  12. The Hook

The gaggle and I went fishing Saturday evening and Sunday. We fished around Shell Village, Independence Point and its adjacent shoreline, as well as 8 Pound and Outhouse. We caught fish in all of the spots with our best being in 30 fow and deeper. Our best was on leeches and crawlers.

75 degree water.

The water has definitely dropped a couple of feet.

I know some guys found fish in bunches, but we never did. The fish seemed pretty spread out for us.

It was a fun weekend of catch and release.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
Page 1 of 147 1231151101 ... LastLast

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter