Hhug

Sak East End 7/16

Rate this Entry

4 Not allowed!
Did good again good again this morning. Picked up our 2 man limit 17"-23". To badthe 3rd member decided to sleep in lol.

BB/spinners/crawlers in 13-18 FOW.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Lake Sakakawea

Comments

Good job, I was out there this morning and couldn't find fish anywhere. Glad someone did!

1 Not allowed!
    Hoping it's bangin' by next weekend.

0 Not allowed!
    We did get out early today (5am) was trying to beat the wind but it showed up earlier then forecasted!

It should be Vollmer barring weather!! Governor cup is lucky the fish finally decided to show up out here it could have been a tough tournament! Hoping to fish it next year.

0 Not allowed!
    Updated 07-16-2017 at 11:43 PM by Hhug
    Dbl post woops

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapper
    Good job, I was out there this morning and couldn't find fish anywhere. Glad someone did!
    Where did you fish at today Lapper?

0 Not allowed!
    i have been out 5 evenings in the last 10 days and only caught 3 fish. Point across Garrison Bay, DeTroband island, north shore between DeTroband and steinkie, Large island south of steinkie, mallard island, rattlesnake point, churches, island south of hiddenwood bay. slowdeath/spinner in 15-20 fow. Must be a morning bite?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dschaible
    i have been out 5 evenings in the last 10 days and only caught 3 fish. Point across Garrison Bay, DeTroband island, north shore between DeTroband and steinkie, Large island south of steinkie, mallard island, rattlesnake point, churches, island south of hiddenwood bay. slowdeath/spinner in 15-20 fow. Must be a morning bite?
    We went out 2 nights in the last week and did well just searching for spots/big fish. Centennial was still good in the evening and steinkes. Fish the flats coming off the deep channel that goes towards steinkes on the west shore, everywhere in steinkes we had luck. We were also out at church island poking around and picked up quite a few fish in the 15-18" range. All during the evening on BB/crawlers and spinners. 14-20 FoW mostly in 15-17. Speed was .8-1.2.

0 Not allowed!
    i must just have a stink on me cause i was in the same area, depth, speed, presentation and time of day. The hunt continues tonight!

0 Not allowed!
    i must just have a stink on me cause i was in the same area, depth, speed, presentation and time of day. The hunt continues tonight!
    Dang that stinks! We did have several boats come in all around us over 3 days they made some passes and left not catching anything while we were hitting left and right. Only saw 2 boats catch one out of 15+ over the few days. Not sure why but it can happen.

Try the 19-21 FoW straight south of steinkes boat ramp right where the channel climbs up from 40+ FoW. If you have a gps depthfinder you should see the it. I'll try to post a picture if I can find a map when I get to the computer.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hhug
    Where did you fish at today Lapper?
    We put in at Tottens and went across to Mallard Island. Saw a few boats but not many fish getting caught.

0 Not allowed!
    Hopefully that image picture shows up. Area marked blue I'd check around in 15-22 fow. But that point/little underwater island that comes up SW of the Steinke boat ramp I'd definitely check out 18-22 fow.

Everyone said they've been having luck with all sorts of presentations. Chartreuse beads on silver spinners were the ticket for us the past few days on BB/Crawlers. I also was catching them with lindy's on the same combination, 5-6ft snells.

Good luck and hope the stink comes off tonight!

1 Not allowed!
    Updated 07-17-2017 at 04:22 PM by Hhug (photo trouble)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapper
    We put in at Tottens and went across to Mallard Island. Saw a few boats but not many fish getting caught.
    Ah, yea we haven't been having any luck at Mallard yet ourselves either. 1-2 here and there over the past few weeks but no real action. I posted a picture below for steinke/centennial area. Check that out next time I'm sure it will stay hot for a bit. Hopefully Mallard picks up now that a ton of fish showed up/turned on overnight it seems!

0 Not allowed!

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter