VoodooShaman

DeepWater/Van Hook

Rate this Entry

5 Not allowed!
Myself and two others went out of Deepwater this past Saturday. Started at Independence Island with limited success. Moved to Independence Point no fish. Moved to the west end of Shell. ALOT of boats there. Picked up a couple more. (don't raise a net or you'll mobbed). Sorry I won't fish like that. Moved to 8lb, found a few more. East end of Shell nothing. Slides, nothing. Made one final move to Sheephead found one more. Ended at 4 pm two short of a limit. Everything was in 30ft. Tried spinners, smiles, jigging raps, they seemed to like slow death or snell hook best. Beautiful day, great company, and fishing was ok too.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Lake Sakakawea

Comments

Probably saw you out there...buddy and I were on 8 LB & Shell from about 0700 to 1100. Lot's of boats over in Pouch Bay...didn't even venture over there!

1 Not allowed!
    last time at the hook, when the bite on the flats stopped, we picked up lots of fish jigging the edges 2-5' deeper...

2 Not allowed!
    Great report, how fast were you trolling? what size bottom bouncers? Did you try any unorthodox tactics?

1 Not allowed!
    Updated 09-07-2017 at 02:24 PM by v193

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter