eseamands

Heskett 9/7/2017 PICK UP YOUR TRASH

Rate this Entry

9 Not allowed!
Was a nice night to get out and toss some FL13s. Tried hot steel, blue, firetiger. No takers, one bump. Nothing on jig/twister set-up either. Fished from 8:30-10:30.

Of note--- I have come to realize most on this site are sportsman and care about nature. I noticed last night that not all people that fish are. I picked up a grocery bag full of garbage (worm tubs, crankbait packages, cigarette butts, beer cans). Please chew someone's ass if you see them doing this. I noticed whoever else was fishing with me over there last night did the same thing I did, as there was another grocery bag full of trash in the garbage when I left.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Missouri River

Comments

I hate people who litter and will not hesitate to chew ass if i see someone doing so!. Thanks for the reminder, hope fishing picks up soon over there..

2 Not allowed!
    Noticed this last night as well! We must have just missed each other as i left just before 8:30. The amount of trash around that area is astounding. It is a beautiful spot on the river that I really enjoy going to but i feel like i need to spend the first hour cleaning up.

Caught two walleye last night wading in to hip depth. One on a crank, one on a plastic and a jig. A LOT of sea weed around there right now which makes it very difficult. Thank you for saying something on here about the trash.

3 Not allowed!
    stoner bashin time

3 Not allowed!
    sea weed? that's odd

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by guywhofishes
    sea weed? that's odd
    Snag city. You know what i mean!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flannel
    Noticed this last night as well! We must have just missed each other as i left just before 8:30. The amount of trash around that area is astounding. It is a beautiful spot on the river that I really enjoy going to but i feel like i need to spend the first hour cleaning up.

Caught two walleye last night wading in to hip depth. One on a crank, one on a plastic and a jig. A LOT of sea weed around there right now which makes it very difficult. Thank you for saying something on here about the trash.
    Might rip out tomorrow night if it's nice. We will see if the boys go to bed like they did last night or if they're hellians! Glad you were able to get two. I fished south a bit, by the "notch" and then moved north to under the powerlines. Lots of rhubarb for sure!

Any size to the ones you got Flannel?

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for picking up some of the garbage.

0 Not allowed!
    I had hoped that this fall wouldn't be as bad (garbage-wise) as other falls, given that the water has been high all summer. Really no place to go and sit and drink beer and litter. When the beach is 30 ft wide, people leave unbelievable stuff out there.

This spring, a pal was fishing by the steps, and when I walked by, I had to ask (wasn't sure if my eyes were playing tricks). There was a bowling ball behind him in shallow water.

I've found abandoned coolers there, broken chairs, I've come across fires still burning as people walk away. Unbelievable.

You ain't kidding about the "sea weed" though. Gotta fish with SHALLOW lures. Got one last sunday night on a #13 "blue guy".

2 Not allowed!
    They need to start enforcing the new litter law on the river and its shorelines. Stick the litters with the new 500 buck fine sure they would think twice next time. It would be a perfect place on top of the stairs to overlook with camcorder to catch them in the act. Really has not changed in 25 years still a great place taking in the sunrises and terrain view. Need to get the waders out and catch some eyes on some shallow diving cranks again. Might get better when the river goes down some. just my 2 cents.

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by eseamands
    Might rip out tomorrow night if it's nice. We will see if the boys go to bed like they did last night or if they're hellians! Glad you were able to get two. I fished south a bit, by the "notch" and then moved north to under the powerlines. Lots of rhubarb for sure!

Any size to the ones you got Flannel?
    Not much to write home about, right around 12-14". Hopefully they keep growing

0 Not allowed!

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter