risingsun

Metigoshe ice report or fishing success?

Rate this Entry

1 Not allowed!
Just wondering if anyone can give any info on the ice conditions at Metigoshe, and if you know of any success up there yet this year? Thanks
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Lake Metigoshe

Comments

fished it the Friday after thanksgiving.. Ice was a solid 10" but had a inch of standing water which made things a slippery mother, wish i had ice cleats along. as far as fishing we went after gills off of mcKay island which is usually money for first ice but sucked something fierce, moved all along the island in the weed beds and out deeper and only had two marks all morning. hope u have better luck..

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by scrotcaster
    fished it the Friday after thanksgiving.. Ice was a solid 10" but had a inch of standing water which made things a slippery mother, wish i had ice cleats along. as far as fishing we went after gills off of mcKay island which is usually money for first ice but sucked something fierce, moved all along the island in the weed beds and out deeper and only had two marks all morning. hope u have better luck..
    Oh wow. Doesnt sound real promising as far as the fishing, but decent ice. I appreciate the reply very much. Thank you.

1 Not allowed!
    Also keep in mind how sketchy fishing could be. A week ago I fished a lake where I couldn't keep my lines in the water. Came back the Friday after thanksgiving much like scrotcaster and marked fish all morning that wouldn't bite. Maybe the warmup has something to do with this?

2 Not allowed!
    ^Yup...

1 Not allowed!

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter