Sluggo

Sakakawea Pike Report

Rate this Entry

5 Not allowed!
I fished a bay on the north side yesterday. Fished from 8am - 6pm. I was looking for pike so had tipups in 8 - 15 feet of water. It was the slowest day I think I have ever had. The ice is very thick with much snow cover so maybe the light penetration is low and keeping the fish out of the shallows or maybe I just suck. I caught 1 8lber and missed 3 light bites. For DM the water clarity was good and I would guess the water temp just over 32.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Lake Sakakawea

Comments

Nice! Hot dog bite? Smelt? Herring? Sardines? Orient the bait in a northerly direction? C'mon man details!

Sorry it was slow, seems like they should be gorging now

0 Not allowed!
    How were the shorelines? I heard the water came up two feet in a hurry.

0 Not allowed!
    Was out a couple weeks ago. We walked out. Only kept 3, threw around 8 back and missed a dozen flags. Try fishing 18 to 30 feet. We used smelt and red hotdogs. Hotdogs only had 1 bite. We had our smelt anywhere fro 2 to 10 feet off the bottom. Had a coworker fishing last Friday and they took 4 wheelers out and got stuck. 6 to 8 inches of water under the snow along shore less water out farther.

1 Not allowed!
    Updated 04-05-2018 at 07:36 PM by tikkalover
    You could tell the shoreline had been slushy but it was 0 degrees when I arrived so everything had froze back up. I didn’t drive on. 2 four wheelers showed up after me and they drove right over it, no problem.

2 Not allowed!

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter