Callem'In

Rainy River

Rate this Entry

3 Not allowed!
Fished Friday the 6th and Saturday the 7th. Fishing was tough for all we talked to. Managed to find 2 walleyes with the biggest being a 22" fish. Landed a few pike. Fished out of Frontier landing and headed down river to the ice edge and worked our way back. Saturday morning was 4 degrees air temp and 31.7 degree water temp and broke open a 3/4 to 1 inch new layer of ice with the boat. No lake fish as of yet as the color of the walleyes were bright and the fish were fat. River fish tend to be lighter color and pale. With this weeks weather, I don't believe the big numbers will appear prior to closing. Where the river was still iced over closer to Baudette, there were small suvs and 1/2 ton trucks driving on the ice.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Other Bodies of Water

Comments

I put in at Frontier on Good Friday @ about 4:30. It took me about an hour to find a pattern and then the bite was descent. I caught 9-10 eyes in about 2 hours and missed 5 or 6. A heavy fish broke my stinger hook. Saw 3 sturgeon caught and 2 26-27 inch eyes. I hope to catch some before this so called storm hits this weekend.

1 Not allowed!

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter