sweeney

Sakakawea River section

Rate this Entry

11 Not allowed!
We made a run up to the river section north of skunk bay last week Friday and Saturday, to say the fishing is good is an understatement. Although you can go play bumper boats at the usual community holes there are walleye all along the river right now. We fished away from people both days and crushed fish in anywhere from 7-18 feet. fish bit on jigs and spinners, and lindys both crawlers and minnows a blade or prop seemed to make a huge difference in triggering bites.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Lake Sakakawea

Comments

Great report. Glad you guys had a good day.

2 Not allowed!
    we fished 3 days rght around van hook/parshall bay area. fishing was good to excellent all wknd. i will second you prop or blade comment as well as speed for us. seemed like anything around .9-1.1 was the ticket for us. I didn't leave 10-13ft. I was marking lots of fish and some very good marks very deep 33ft + but never tried at them .

3 Not allowed!
    Limits are extremely easy indeed right now on the lake, its about as good as it gets really.

3 Not allowed!

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter