Bauer

East End 7/8/18

Rate this Entry

1 Not allowed!
Hey All

Spent the last 2 mornings on the water, that wind though

Yesterday was mostly a bust, south wind held me to Garrison Bay. Fished from 8-11 pulling cranks and spinners to no avail. Did not mark much fish either, Worked 10-21 FOW.

Today was a better story. Took off right away and headed west to douglas. Started out on the islands/submerged islands in the mouth. Didn't mark much fish, guys that were trolling the area did not hold in one spot. Wind came up about 8am so I went to the north shore and tried some areas in Douglas, marked good fish by the cabin site but struggled with boat control in the 3' waves. Moved out to the point by the YMCA and got on top of fish again, much calmer here. I was pulling a silver prop rig with a slow death and picked up a small walleye on the first pass. Working back towards the point, I got out into the wind and had 2 more nice fish within a few minutes of each other also on the silver prop. A few more boats moved in and the fish moved out. Tried some other main lake structure on the return trip to the ramp and marked plenty of fish. only a few takers. Main depth appeared to be 20-25 FOW. Fish definitely seem pressured or spooky, so don't be afraid to jump around. Main lake areas seem to be doing better, at least for me.

There was a group of 4 guys at the fish cleaning station ahead of me, they had 2 nice gallon bags stuffed full of fillets. I didn't get a chance to talk to them to find out what they were up to.

Good luck!
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Lake Sakakawea

Comments

I spent 3 worthless hours out around Mallard Island today. One bite.

1 Not allowed!
    10-12 fow and slow death was the ticket today, not much interest in cranks.

Yesterday was slow as a lot of my spots were chocolate milk. Caught 4.

0 Not allowed!
    Good report B...thanks!

0 Not allowed!

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter