Vollmer

Parshall Bay

Rate this Entry

10 Not allowed!
Well, we were down at the lake from Tuesday night until Sunday. The fishing was great all week. It wasn't incredibly consistent as far as a pattern goes. Some days we found them in 7 fow, and some days in 25+ fow.

On Saturday we fished the Friends of Parshall bay tournament. It was myself, the wife, and our oldest. The tournament had a 23" slot limit with one over. We started out great with 3 right at 23", and filled our 10 easily, but could not find that BIG one. We ended up in 5th. My son may have lost our big fish. He had a tank on, and in his excitement, he grabbed the reel to try and horse it in (as if it was a snag) and the fish busted loose. HAHA. Ah well, you have to learn some things the hard way.

A buddy and I also tried pulling cranks at night one night. We pulled until midnight without a sniff. I have some learning to do in this area, but it was fun and interesting. It was pitch black that night (no moon), so, not sure if that matters.

I was able to put my father in law on a 27" one of the days, so that was a huge bonus!
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Lake Sakakawea

Comments

3 Not allowed!

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter