sdwxman

Sakakawea East End

Rate this Entry

6 Not allowed!
I was lucky enough to get out fishing Friday (7/6) and Saturday (7/7) on the east end. Fished between Hazen Bay and Pick City. All I have to say is the fishing was terrific. I don't think we caught a fish smaller than 17 inches, and released a few over 24 inches.

Easy 2-3 man limits each morning. 15-25 FOW worked with crawlers and live bait rigs. Did not really matter.

It might have been the best fishing I have ever been a part of on the east end. Just a fun time. Sak is peaking.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Lake Sakakawea

Comments

I went too far east on Sunday. Put in at Wolf Creek and fished the north side of Mallard and stretch along the south side of Wolf Creek. I had a grand total of ONE bite over almost 4 hours.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen
    I went too far east on Sunday. Put in at Wolf Creek and fished the north side of Mallard and stretch along the south side of Wolf Creek. I had a grand total of ONE bite over almost 4 hours.
    I told you where to go! Sheesh.

0 Not allowed!
    Thinking about heading to Sak State Park Saturday morning...put in at the marina and head west 5-6 miles. Not sure if we'll run as far west as Hazen Bay, but pretty good structure all along that run.

0 Not allowed!
    The east side has been very good for me also. Been putting in at State Park and running a couple miles west. A couple weeks ago I went out on a beautiful Friday morning by myself. Picked up 2-18", 2-19" and 1-20" with 3/4 oz. B/B, plain hook and 1/2 crawler. Took me 45 minutes to get the first fish, but I was done in just over 2 hours. Threw back a couple 14"-15" walleyes. Saw a lot of small leeches in their mouths as well.

Better get them while we can....after seeing all the fat in them, they might get full soon and shut off a while.

HAPPY HOOKIN!!!

4 Not allowed!

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter