ORCUS DEMENS

Pouch Point 7/8

Rate this Entry

4 Not allowed!
Took the kayak out around 2PM. Took the advice of a kind angler that was leaving as I was prepping the yak and chose silver blades on worm harnesses. Bottom bouncer had no action. 4 Fish on Carolina rigs. The key was slow speeds. If I paddled normally, no takers. Two came when I was replacing the bait on the other pole. Called it finex fishex at 7:15 and paddled back to the ramp.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Lake Sakakawea

Comments

Hi man good report I was the boat that came in the same time you did I had just the opposite happen we pulled spinners slow with no takers I dropped the cranks down and we caught 9 in 3 hrs goin 3mph which is faster then I normally pull them I fish pouch allot hope to see out again

1 Not allowed!
    Hey Cooter, thanks for the tip. 3 mph is full tilt in the Kayak. I would be too tired to reel em in. It seemed like if I was going along at a normal speed 1-1.5 mph no interest. On Erie we would have walleye hit lures at 2.5 mph in the summer. Nice thing about that speed is the bonus trout you might catch. I was surprised how shallow the fish were. Surface temps of 70+ degrees and you would expect them to be much deeper in the water column. May have to take the boat out next weekend and try some fast trolling.

2 Not allowed!

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter