howmuchdidheweighgeno

Salmon

Rate this Entry

6 Not allowed!
Fished out of Government Bay on Saturday from Government to Dead man's and picked up two. one was a couple pounds and the other was 6 or 7. both were 80-85' with yellow flashers and white and white w/green needle squid about 8-10' behind the ball running 1.9-2.1mph. Talked with some other guys that had caught a few. I think they are just starting up.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Lake Sakakawea

Comments

Fished in wolf creek Saturday morning and the drive from garrison bay i probably seen 40 boats fishing salmon Saturday morning and only about 10 Sunday morning.

3 Not allowed!
    i was actually just thinking that i should break out the riggers and try for some salmon next weekend. Do something a little different than pulling BB for walleyes

3 Not allowed!
    If anyone has anymore information, please pass it along. We are all out there for the same reason, to catch salmon. I will keep posting info as I get out. According to GNF, it should be a good year. Good luck and tight lines!!

1 Not allowed!
    As good as they thought last year lol? Was out Saturday from 9-2 and seen one netted, 95’ white needlefish. We ran between 80’-100’, everything in the boat, had 2 releases at 85’ chartreuse bubble/glow w white needlefish

Buddy hit one on Sunday down 110’on white

1 Not allowed!
    Updated 07-31-2018 at 11:52 AM by Hookin8easy
    Went out yesterday and tried about every flasher and squid I had in depth from 60' to 120'. Saw one guy catch 2. Do you guys use scents or lures on your squids?

1 Not allowed!
    I’ve tried everything....but the right thing I guess haha. Had 10 in an hour one day last year other than that 1-2 per day is about it for me until casting season

1 Not allowed!
    I actually do better with dipsy divers and cranks to the side of the riggers and flashers but there just is not the room to do so, just a headache to even try

1 Not allowed!
    We tried dipsy’s a couple times earlier with flashers and squids, no takers . As for scents and such I never use them an neither do the guys I fish with. Did talk to a couple guys that had caught a couple on meat rigs. Also heard some are being caught on the face of the dam.

0 Not allowed!
    Do you just pick the ones up that are on the face of the dam??

0 Not allowed!
    Hey guys, was up there Friday and Saturday. Caught 4 of 6 on Friday and 2 for 2 on Saturday. Saturday was much slower. Anything white and a little green or chartreuse was good. 75-95 early and 85-110 a little later. Was starting to mark a little more bait in the area. Fished from just south of government up past deadman's a ways out into the lake. Caught much nicer fish on Friday and lost a bigger one I think was better than 10lbs. Good luck.

0 Not allowed!

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter