JayKay

Garrison Dam Tailrace - 9-11-18

Rate this Entry

8 Not allowed!
Fished from shore on east rocks, close to the north end. About 10 or 12 casts south of the barbed wire fence. Arrived about 9:30 PM and fished until a little after 1 AM. Tried pitching jigs with white plastics, green plastics, and silver gray plastics. Nothing. Tried throwing various cranks. Nothing.

Quit from a little after 1, until about 4:45 AM and hit it again. Threw the kitchen sink. Nothing.

Clearly, I need more practice.

I had two or three bites, and caught one carp.

Go get 'em boys. I did what I could, but I left them all there.

Jaykay
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Missouri River

Comments

LOFT?

0 Not allowed!
    Loft? Not sure what that means. I'm pretty shaken up after getting blanked. My snappy comebacks are on hold..

0 Not allowed!
    Lack of F’n Tallent. Ha ha. Everybody takes a beating now and then.

2 Not allowed!
    Well, that describes me pretty well. Sluggo said it pretty well too. He said "you obviously suck at catching fish".

Go ahead. Heap 'em on me. I'll save all the trash-talk, and dish it out someday down the road.

1 Not allowed!
    That doesn't sound like me at all.

2 Not allowed!
    Try ripping clear husky jerks then letting them drift a little down stream. Repeat until the lure is close to shore.

0 Not allowed!
    Does the moon phase seem to have a lot of affect on night fishing ?

1 Not allowed!
    I don't guess it does much, in the tailrace. It's pretty bright in there anyhow, all night long.

The bigger question about moon-phase in general, is that I don't think it helps. I watch the moon-phase quite closely, this time of the year. When it's a bright full moon, it's EASIER to fish, given that you can see quite well. But I don't feel like the fishing is necessarily better.

With one exception. I like a full moon on a breezy partly cloudy night. When it's dark, then light, then dark, then light, THAT seems to always trigger the fish.

A clear full moon night almost seems too bright.

0 Not allowed!

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter