Creek Chub

Salmon Report

Rate this Entry

2 Not allowed!
Bottom line up front (BLUF): No salmon were harmed and it was windy enough to blow the dog off the chain.

Fished from Government Bay to the dam at all depths and with various tackle from 1 p.m. until 6 p.m. No salmon, one goldeye. Water temp was 61 F. As the afternoon wore on the wind shifted to the northeast gusting into the 30s and blowing spray off the top of the swells at times. Holed up in the wind shadow of Mallard Island and tried for some walleye on jigs. No takers. The downwind run back to the ramp was exciting with the large swell, which was about the upper limit for my 16.5-foot boat. As of 8:30 p.m. it's 42 F and still blowing up in Garrison but back here in Bismarck its a balmy 63 F with a light breeze.

Any guesses on what the total annual take is for salmon at Lake Sakakawea? How many are caught?

-Creek Chub
Tags: salmon, skunked Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Lake Sakakawea

Comments

I was up there too. Managed to catch a good sized northern. Dropped down to the bottom side of the dam before wind picked up. Nothing there either but I've never fished there and let's just say there was a lot of learning going on!!! Sounded pretty slow for everyone

1 Not allowed!
    Tried it again on Saturday. Nothing. Didn't see a lot of boats or people on shore. Not sure if my timing is off or the weather kept people off the water. Pulled out around 3 and hit the tailrace. Slayed the the cats there. My 11 year old had a blast with that!! Hopefully I'm not too late for salmon run?

0 Not allowed!
    Fished Saturday evening from shore, lots of salmon breaching and only got one to take a spoon. The fish harvested had great color and full of eggs.

0 Not allowed!

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter