Glow in the dark thread

1. Taking a Break
    Taking a Break
    Has anyone tried glow in the dark thread when wrapping the guides to the blanks

0 Not allowed!
  2. tikka243
    tikka243
    i plan on giving it a try on an ice rod or 2. I did paint the end 5 inches of one ice rod with glow paint and it worked good until I broke the rod. it had to be charged with a flashlight for a while or left in the sun but worked good in a dark house ice house after the sun went down

2 Not allowed!
  3. Taking a Break
    Taking a Break
    I did the same with some of my rods but I want to try glow in the dark thread just to experiment with differnt looks. I have about 2 months of work left this season so I am getting more supplies ordered, tikka when you get a chance could you let me know about your metal bands for your customs

1 Not allowed!
  4. tikka243
    tikka243
    I got a few samples from one company but by the time they showed up I had put the rod building stuff away for the summer. hopefully I will get a chance to get the stuff back put in the next month or so once harvest is done and the calves are sold.. will report back when I get a chance to mess with them a bit

1 Not allowed!
  5. Taking a Break
    Taking a Break
    Sounds good looking forward to your updates

0 Not allowed!
  6. Plain Skeeter
    Plain Skeeter
    I have used the glow in the dark thread and was slightly disappointed. I real hoped it would be brighter. I think I have done it with and without the color preserver and didn't seem to matter.

1 Not allowed!
  7. KDM
    KDM
    I've used glow in the dark items on my rods before and didn't like them at all. My eyes, and I suspect all human eyes, are drawn to lights and I found my eyes would focus on the small lights of the rod and I would lose my night vision so seeing the bobber, where I was casting, tree branches, bushes, or other obstacles became a real problem. I can't use any true glow type sights on my guns either as I lose focus on the target and all I see is the sights in low light conditions.

1 Not allowed!

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter