Fargo Seminars?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Captainbrad
    Captainbrad
    I am bored this winter and have a solid seminar together that is only going to get used 1 time by the look of it. Do any of you Fargo guys think we could get a Cheap (FREE) room to have a couple hour event yet this winter? Would there be any interest in such a thing? Maybe March?

0 Not allowed!
  2. Captainbrad
    Captainbrad
    Add to this. I am thinking of hosting a catfish school in GF. Two days of classroom, fishing and visiting. Any interest in something like that?

0 Not allowed!
  3. Cre8ted4us
    Cre8ted4us
    I would definitely be interested. I would also commit to recruiting others to attend.

0 Not allowed!
  4. Cre8ted4us
    Cre8ted4us
    Btw: March timeframe would be fine. Something to look forward to!

0 Not allowed!
  5. Cre8ted4us
    Cre8ted4us
    Fargo event that is...

0 Not allowed!
  6. CatDaddy
    CatDaddy
    I am definitely interested, but feel bad saying that because I missed out on Catfish University the past few years. Is this something along those lines or different altogether?

0 Not allowed!
  7. Captainbrad
    Captainbrad
    I am thinking a 90 minute seminar based on the book I put out last year. More of a fine tuning the seasons and outings type thing with a Q&A

Any leads of rooms we could use?

0 Not allowed!
  8. Woodpecker
    Woodpecker
    Think Scheel's, Fleet, or Gander Mountain might work with you on this?

0 Not allowed!
  9. Woodpecker
    Woodpecker
    I know a couple guys from Scheel's whose brain I could pick. Any idea of potential group size?

0 Not allowed!
  10. Captainbrad
    Captainbrad
    I know the Scheels people as well. I have been trying to avoid a store but if nothing else comes up I can probably contact them.

I would hope to draw 20-30 but the not walleye people are sometimes hard to draw.

0 Not allowed!
  11. CatDaddy
    CatDaddy
    I don't know of a room, but may be able to help fill some seats. How much $$ are you thinking for the session?

0 Not allowed!
  12. CatDaddy
    CatDaddy
    I host an informal "catfish league" in Fargo during the summer with 18 members....I could make it a mandatory league event lol

1 Not allowed!
  13. Captainbrad
    Captainbrad
    If I can get a free or donated room I'll do the one session for free

0 Not allowed!
  14. Captainbrad
    Captainbrad
    Catdaddy, you should get ahold of me about your league. The GF one is really taking off and it is official.

As far as the seminar. I got River Keepers as a partner and providing the room. March 7th at 7pm.--- AND IT WILL BE FREE ADMISSION

1 Not allowed!
  15. CatDaddy
    CatDaddy
    I will start to spread the word! I'll take roster so you know who to expect. I will definitely contact you about the league.....been thinking a Fargo league could take off, but want to do it legally and have fun with it! No doubt it would be a commitment and a half....

1 Not allowed!
  16. CatDaddy
    CatDaddy
    Good work on the River Keepers connection! Didn't think about them. Sign me up for three people immediately....very excited!

1 Not allowed!
  17. CatDaddy
    CatDaddy
    Where is the room so I can line up participants?

0 Not allowed!
  18. Captainbrad
    Captainbrad
    Full Description- I just posted on the open forum too

If you fish the Red River or are interested in learning more about it, this seminar is for you. We will concentrate on the catfish that call the Red home with proven techniques used by Red River catfish guide, author and educator, Brad Durick. We will discuss specifics of the Red River, catfish patterns & adjustments that can be made to be more successful all year long. We will also discuss how to utilize electronics to catch even more catfish.

This seminar brought to you FREE by River Keepers of Fargo and Moorhead.

DATE: March 7, 2017

TIME: 7:00PM

4141 28th Ave S
    Fargo, ND 58104

0 Not allowed!
  19. CatDaddy
    CatDaddy
    Is registration at the door? I've got a confirmed 5 as of now, sent out another email to see who else is interested. How much interest so far?

0 Not allowed!
  20. Captainbrad
    Captainbrad
    Just show up. We did not set up a registration but I am thinking we should have. Oh well It will be fun to see who shows. I bet we get 20-25

0 Not allowed!
  21. CatDaddy
    CatDaddy
    I've now got a confirmed 7.

1 Not allowed!
  22. Cre8ted4us
    Cre8ted4us
    3 confirmed

0 Not allowed!
  23. Captainbrad
    Captainbrad
    Going to be a good showing. I better come up with some good info. I used my Advanced Catfishing Made Easy seminar last week and added electronics to it. Came out pretty good and should be ready to go. Only a week away.

1 Not allowed!
  24. CatDaddy
    CatDaddy
    Great seminar Brad, thanks again! 33 people - not bad I'd say!

1 Not allowed!
  25. Captainbrad
    Captainbrad
    New for 2018- The River Keeper seminar was so popular that we are going to do another one this winter. We are also discussing bringing a full Catfish University to Fargo as well. Stay Tuned

2 Not allowed!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter