Heated clothing

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone used heated shirts at all? Seems like it would make those tree stand sits in freezing temps a LOT easier. Kinda spendy though, anyone have any reviews?

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought a heated vest from the warming store a couple years ago. Has a rechargeable battery and 3 different heat settings. I found it works sufficient. I wouldn't say it works great! Seems to me it has a short battery life. I think about 2 hours on the high setting and 4-5 on the low setting, but the low setting doesn't produce enough heat when it is really cold. Also, the heating coils inside the vest, are only located on certain parts, so the entire vest doesn't heat up, just the area with the coils.

I find that if I have the correct layers and the added heat, it gets the job done for a couple hours and it helps keep the layers warm, but I think there could be some improvements on it.

I do like the vest style though, because it is very thin and doesn't add bulk in the arms/shoulders and still allows me to draw a bow freely.

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been thinking about this for ice fishing too.

If you have cordless tools I think you can get clothing that uses the same batteries.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
We see snowmobilers out in some pretty cold weather, Wonder how that clothing compares to cold weather hunting/fishing clothing ?

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been thinking about this for ice fishing too.

If you have cordless tools I think you can get clothing that uses the same batteries.

My wife bought me a heated jacket from Sears one year. After opening it we found out it would cost something like $100 for there special battery system so I returned it.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
www.cpomilwaukee.com/milwaukee-heat...BNeLeCfqloc5MPRFzUbxCk2maNgCYD04aAu5YEALw_wcB

www.dewalt.com/en-us/products/gear-...v-max-lithium-ion-camo-heated-jacket/dchj062b
Anyone have experience with these types of jackets looking to get the old man one so he can fish with more this winter, good thread bubbles

- - - Updated - - -

I have that to as well as the old man but he gets hot fast then sweats then gets the chills then he get crabby. I will be looking into a heated jacket this year

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
miln221c-20s.jpg

Milwaukee 201B-20L M12 12V Lithium-Ion Heated Jacket

List:
$209.99

Sale Price:
$169.00

I may pick up one of these for the bride from Santa. Wear under a heavier coat if needed. I have a few extra Milwaukee batteries already so may open the wallet for one of these units.

FREE MILWAUKEE BATTERY OR HAT WITH QUALIFYING PURCHASE VIA E-REBATE

To redeem, visit: www.milwaukeetool.com/er/online

Buy a Milwaukee M12 Heated Item, and get a free battery or knit hat. See Qualifying Items

*To receive free item(s), visit www.milwaukeetool.com/er/online for details. Valid on select items, qualifying items are identified on the product page. Offer not valid on reconditioned, open box or certified items. Offer valid until 11:59pm ET on January 31, 2018 or while supplies last. No adjustments to previous purchases. Subject to change without notice.

Last edited:

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member

Bought me a set of these this year. Very warm!!! I can layer my underarmour cold gear right underneath which is even warmer... highly recommend these for any stand hunter/ice fisherman who doesn't want heated clothing.

Sticking to heated clothing, my brother in law has a Milwaukee heated jacket that works great for him on the job site and when out fishing or hunting. Basically allows him to be less bulky. I think it is this one https://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-tools/cordless/221c-21

- - - Updated - - -

We see snowmobilers out in some pretty cold weather, Wonder how that clothing compares to cold weather hunting/fishing clothing ?

Snowmobile gear tends to be purpose built. Windproof/Water proof or resistant. Some is pretty heavy and almost all are noisy. Not likely to be great in a stand noise wise, but likely to be warm.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Schnapps or Fireball works really good, and you get a buzz from it! ;:;boozer

love2hunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wear a heated Milwaukee jacket under my heavy camo jacket and it works awesome. Also put heated insoles in my boats and can sit in stand all day without getting cold. In fact the heated insoles will make my boots so warm they freeze to my stand. Bought both these a couple years ago and can't believe i went this long without it. Won't ever go back. Also bought a fanny pack hand warmer that I throw a hand warmer pack into it and I can wear a thin pair of gloves and my hands roast.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone been testing out thier heated layers so far this winter
Haven't decides on buying heated jacket or heated base layer

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Love2hunt-- What heated insoles did you go with? I have enough layers or warm enough clothing and a muff with a heat pack in it where I can keep everything pretty warm or warm enough sitting in a stand my feet still get cold, have been thinking about heated socks or heated insoles for a while now.

Oley55

Established Member
I got a set of venture heat thermal longjons. They work good but the battery pack is a little bulky and there's one for the Shirt and pants. Takes the edge off in the wind though

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
So there are numerous types of heated jackets, base layers, gloves, socks, and insoles.
There is one design that really stands out for me over the others, My core heated camo jacket. It actually uses your own bodies blood circulation to raise your body temp. What is key is where the heating element is located at the inside of the wrists.
I was thinking what a great idea for making your own heating system just using heat warmers that can be inserted into pockets that could be sewn into a long sleeve shirt, base layers top and bottoms. That way instead of heat being wasted by heating entire body parts causing excess heat loss Hand warmers as well as rechargeable heated packs can be inserted into gloves or socks.

www.mycorecontrol.com

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I used the gerbing heated soft shell jacket that I purchased of eBay, it's a discontinued style. Brand new 84$ + free shipping to my door also have the gerbing large sockliners and gerbing camo s4 gloves.
The jacket is amazing it was -15 this morning all I needed was a lighter jacket over the gerbing jacket. The jacket needs to be on the small size which is what others who bough a heated jacket. All I need is a light t shirt underneath turn up the level to 4 let the heating wires to come up to full heat then gradually bring down the heat to a desired level.
The my core control heated jacket I bought for the old man is a heated at the wrists that was 150 + free shipping to my door.
So either I will give him the jacket and the gloves or the sockliners
Anyways if you haven't tried heated clothing out it's amazing and for the price I paid for the jacket was cheaper then the other base layers.
s-l225.jpg

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110