Devil's suggestions?

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm staying at Woodland this weekend and am just wondering what the presentation of choice is right now? Pulling BB's? Jigging? Depth to target? Crawlers vs leeches? Thanks in advance guys!! #$%^&>

Putz ND

Founding Member
Founding Member
We tried fishing bobbers on a little hump in 15-16' last night towards Fort Totten Bay with 3 kids in the boat - ages 4, 2, and 9 months... I couldn't keep three rods in the water, the action was insane. We fished from 7ish to 8:30 and landed no less than 50 fish. Most between 13-16", and a few in that 18-19" range. First time I've been catching that many and didn't reel a single one in - the kiddos had a blast!! Hope this helps - good luck!!

bigcatpike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard in creel some guys used spinners and BBS in 9 to 12 feet. I was out of grahams this weekend tho and the best thing fpor us was a small hook with a leech and a couple of split shots and just holding the split shots a couple inches off bottom.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bottom bouncers --- i will be up this weekend. I would try both worm and leech - but i am betting they go on worms. I wouldnt be afraid of going deep -- start out shallower and work it deep and see what works -- that will be my plan.

Ping me a PM on Saturday if you are not getting in to them.

revolutionz

★★★ Legendary Member
What shorthairs said...bb with crawlers should really heat up, and after the hot weather and bright sun all week, I wouldn't be surprised to find them 20-30ft of water...

walleyeman_1875

★★★ Legendary Member
Have you heard of the place the out of staters call 'The Golden Highway'? If you have not, then try the island road!! This is more of a community spot but always kicks out fish with the occasional pig. Otherwise, I'll echo what the Putz said. Find a sunken hump or ridge and toss out the bobbers and have fun.

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the suggestions! Spinners and crawlers sounds like the ticket. Gonna get up there early tomorrow and it's on.

revolutionz

★★★ Legendary Member
I'll be out there early-ish too...hope to get on em, because Stump lake has kicked my ass the last 2 weekends. Good luck!

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
i thought about it after i posted my comment -- -i probably shouldnt be so confident. I will post a report regardless.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
dock hagens was good for me last weekend. caught a lot of fish in 20ish feet of water and moved out to 40 feet and still caught them.

jig with a leech and a slip bobber was the weapon of choice. bites were light and I missed many of them until I changed over to a buckshot spoon(I know they are meant for hardwater but it worked for me last weekend)

most were in the 13-16 inch range with a few in the 18-20 range

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Anyone have good shore fishing advice, or mainly spots to shorefish, on the lake. I'll be in the area the next two days and will have some time each day. I like to pitch jigs, not sure if thats effective from shore anywhere on this lake. I also have a nice dead stick set up. Would be much better if i could bring the kayak.....

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Found lots of fish around 30ft on rock piles. Burnt up 1/2 lb of leeches in a few hours with my wife, niece, and nephew. Jigs caught better fish, but robbers caught more. Nothing big, but lots of eaters and several cigar sized walleyes.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
This last weekend fish were scattered for us. You would think you had a pattern; you would pickup a couple and then nothing. Move same thing. We focused on weed beds but then switched to more structure. Whats with the hairy looking algae. Some areas it seemed to be loaded with that stuff. Sunday they seemed to be more like normal.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
I fish Devils every weekend and have talked to lots of folks that normally kill them this time of year but are having a hard time this year . In June I think it had to do with the inconsistent weather , I've been getting on them but it's been hard to find them some days . Not as easy as last year that's for sure. One day it's 1/2 hour for a 2 man limit next day it's 4 hours . Maybe in mid July it'll turn on a little more .

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
This last weekend fish were scattered for us. You would think you had a pattern; you would pickup a couple and then nothing. Move same thing. We focused on weed beds but then switched to more structure. Whats with the hairy looking algae. Some areas it seemed to be loaded with that stuff. Sunday they seemed to be more like normal.

OMG no. I HATE hairy algae!!

revolutionz

★★★ Legendary Member
We really had to work for them as well. Only pattern we found was 18-20ft of water pulling spinners. Never caught a thing any shallower or deeper than that. Caught a bunch of little stuff, 13" and under. Tried all over the lake. Finally found an active school in the evening off of military point, and pulled up a 18", 16", and 19.5" within about 20min. Wouldn't hit jigging raps, only spinners. Finished up with some 14"-15" in the livewell and called it a day. Only thing I could think of the bigger stuff sitting was off of deeper rock piles/structure, which I'm admittedly not very good at fishing. We tried slip bobbering some humps with not much luck in the evening before we moved to the shoreline off of military point.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
we were up last weekend as well, and struggled... found our best fish in bout 7-10' with a couple over 20...

we jetted around all over on sat and never really found any size till evening...

i don't think we're in the summer pattern yet...

grizzly

Established Member
fishing on pelican was great this last week,caught a lot of fish that were small but a lot of fish from 17-23 with a 26 and a friend had a28 that went back also. it was just great fishing in 8 ft. of water out side the weeds, crawlers out did leeches buy a long shot on a jig, and the more wind the better

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74