Trespass

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was talking to a hound guy the other day and they are a little worried in Idaho. Sometimes a hound gets off on private land and you have to scurry to get him before he gets to far into it. Now Idaho is proposing making trespass a felony. Sounds like they are looking to commercialize hunting like the Montana ranchers.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is like saying Beetlejuice 3 times

- - - Updated - - -

I was talking to a hound guy the other day and they are a little worried in Idaho. Sometimes a hound gets off on private land and you have to scurry to get him before he gets to far into it. Now Idaho is proposing making trespass a felony. Sounds like they are looking to commercialize hunting like the Montana ranchers.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
That is a dumb ass commercial. If it wasn't for the douche bag Wilkes brothers this would have never came about. They bought and paid for this law.Enough land owners have spoke out against this that it is in the works to have a special session to re write it. If not it will come to a vote There is alot of people who have a quarter out in the middle of wilderness that don't want to deal with the problem. With my brother living there now it's nice getting factual information and not hear say. You think sconis are bad you should here what idahoians think of Texas people that is where wilkes are from.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
To post out there you just have to paint a post orange don't even need a sign.

Pat guy who owned the cabins we stayed in who used to ranch on the east side of the state was a rodeo stock contractor is another source of info. Those dumb fing Texans were his words.

- - - Updated - - -

Really? Could be I guess, but it was the first I heard of it. I was just shocked that they would want to make it a felony.

Last January

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
It has little to no effect on salmon fishing as that is all on lakes. Now steel head it still won't as most of that is on public Access or was already bpostwd land like at Pinehurst where I stayed

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
We intend to fish the Salmon River. I suppose it's a large enough river it's considered public and we should have no problem as long as we don't go to shore and know where we can get out. One has no intentions of trespass, but I think of scenarios where you swamp, get wet, and go to shore to dump water. If you were unsure where you were at I would not want to risk grandkids, but I wouldn't want prison either.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
what part of the salmon looking on onx looks like lots and lots of public on both sides.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
what part of the salmon looking on onx looks like lots and lots of public on both sides.
Glad to hear it because there are a lot of salmon in the Salmon River.

It looks like Colorado already has a felony for trespass. I think I have to rethink supporting ranchers on public land. If they are trying this hard to commercialize hunting then the public land needs all the habitat it can provide. It can provide a lot more without cows. I like a good ribeye, but like the ranchers I will support what supports me. Also those who endanger what is most important to me I will not support. https://www.shouselaw.com/colorado/domestic_violence/trespass.html I see this has tied into home invasion. The two should be held separate, but get into a ranching community and they are free to go for the felony penalty. This was not accidental it is a set up. How many have looked at your GPS while in the mountains and thought oh oh I could be two or three feet into this private land? I like staying at least 200 yards away to play it safe, but what if your not locking onto enough satellites to get a good accurate location? If you can't even have part of your body pass over private land like Montana law these things are getting scary for even the law abiding who would not do anything on purpose.

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
thats way off base what i going on in idaho. The guys that bought the huge tract of land dont even run guides. It is an old timber cut that used to open to the public. The ranchers of idaho were one of the major opponents of the bill. It made more work for them from what i read. I think you are barking up the wrong tree with rancher hate. I know the spring steel head run is about over and the fall is mid october better get rooms now as it is a bigger deal then elk season

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
thats way off base what i going on in idaho. The guys that bought the huge tract of land dont even run guides. It is an old timber cut that used to open to the public. The ranchers of idaho were one of the major opponents of the bill. It made more work for them from what i read. I think you are barking up the wrong tree with rancher hate.

Some will cut off their nose to spite their face as the saying goes.

The worm is starting to turn with some of these Federal biologists that embraced the environmentalists leaving these federal agencies. Who would have thought that grazing cattle on these public lands could reduce fire danger......

http://www.ktvb.com/article/news/local/blm-using-cattle-to-decrease-wildfire-risk/277-538083507

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kurt I think there is a good July run of something too. Maybe it was steelhead.

Glad to hear ranchers opposed it. They pushed for inclusion in Colorado. Maybe the potheads are a problem.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow. Real question here plains, what are you trying to accomplish with this thread? You don't live in Idaho. You have zero say in the policies the residents of Their state cook up. Just keep poking the bear, get mauled, and then claim it was an unprovoked attack. Your old enough to be my grandpa. I thought wisdom came with old age........I guess you got skipped this time around.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kentucky a felony is a serious thing. Even very careful people can screw up. When California does something stupid like sanctuary cities we post it. When states do something that impacts hunters are we supposed to be quiet? I will fosh this summer, but the reason I happen to talk to a hound guy is I would like to run a bear. I have shot bear, but I have only hunted coon with hounds. Why is this poking the bear. If you don't like it don't read it. Why do you poke the bear? Do I have to explain myself to you for every post you don't like? To me it looks like you go looking for problems.
I know what your getting at, but I'm not going to walk on eggshells because some want to complain. If we all do that we have already lost. I didn't take you for a guy who would be quiet while someone dumped on them. Why do you expect it of me?

Last edited:

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Kentucky a felony is a serious thing. Even very careful people can screw up. When California does something stupid like sanctuary cities we post it. When states do something that impacts hunters are we supposed to be quiet? I will fosh this summer, but the reason I happen to talk to a hound guy is I would like to run a bear. I have shot bear, but I have only hunted coon with hounds. Why is this poking the bear. If you don't like it don't read it. Why do you poke the bear? Do I have to explain myself to you for every post you don't like? To me it looks like you go looking for problems.
I know what your getting at, but I'm not going to walk on eggshells because some want to complain. If we all do that we have already lost. I didn't take you for a guy who would be quiet while someone dumped on them. Why do you expect it of me?

;:;banghead

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow. Real question here plains
Sure and I have some swamp land for sale. I hope I am wrong, but.your post looks like your trying to come off as Mr reasonable to impress people. Go look in the mirror when you speak of poking the bear. It's not only liberals trying to grab guns that endangers our tradition of hunting. Just as dangerous are ranchers who want to transfer public land to the states, and those trying to block access to public land. Wake up and smell the reality.

When it comes to hunting we are truly between a rock and a hard spot. Liberal gun grabbers on the left, and conservative land grabbers on the right.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79