Adult beverage talk

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Think this has been done before but don't feel like searching the site. With summer and more time spent grilling and smoking experiments I start trying different beers.
So far I have tried some Surly variety pack and a couple from Drekkers Brewing that have been pretty good, there was a Belgian Sour that is interesting (Techno Viking). Really like most of the Fargo Brewing beers and Summits lineups have never disappointed me, enjoying their Dakota Soul. Sam Adams Rebel lineup and New Belgian Voodoo line have also been enjoyable. I know it might be surprising to hear due to my enjoyment of Keystone.
So what are some of your guys new or old favorites out there?

nybs

Honored Member
I like just about any cold beer during the summer, but tried a somewhat new mixed-drink the other day and am a big fan... 78D2391B-D44E-4887-B5F0-AD1AD174F59B.jpg

nybs

Honored Member
Also, mixing that ginger ale/lemonade with vodka is like a quick & easy Moscow mule...or maybe Manitoba Mule since it’s Canada Dry?

jpv

Founding Member
Founding Member
Plain old Key light does it for me.....always smooth never bitter

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like just about any cold beer during the summer, but tried a somewhat new mixed-drink the other day and am a big fan...jessica-marais-nude-is-the-king-of-magic-we-like-1236-14.jpg

Tried Tin Cup last fall and really liked it, tried Bullit Bourbon a couple weeks ago and gi e that a thumbs up.
Never tried that ginger ale with lemonade but sometimes to a mix of 7 and GA. Earlytimes and Squirt is another combo I enjoy

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I started drinking Gin and Tonics last summer. I always thought i hated gin, but i think i had only had shitty gin in college. Anyways my buddy turned me on to Tanqueray and tonics and now i like them a little to much ;:;boozer

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love summer shandy

i mowed the yard and drank a few while I grilled last night. Older I get the more I appreciate what spring/summer has to offer. Sit in the garage with the door wide open drinking beer while birds sing.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I cannot control my rum intake - not sure what the deal is

maybe switch back to crap rum?

I drink a lot of Pussers and Matusalem Classico with ginger ale.

jpv

Founding Member
Founding Member
i mowed the yard and drank a few while I grilled last night. Older I get the more I appreciate what spring/summer has to offer. Sit in the garage with the door wide open drinking beer while birds sing.

This hits the nail on the head for me. My beer intake skyrockets when the weather gets nice and I’m grilling more often.

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ice is the only mixer. Yeuglings (sp) or spotted cow. Or busch light.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you like Tanqueray you should try Blue Saphire...mmmm.
Bombay? I don't mind it, but it has to much of a soapy taste for me. Most people say Tanq for G&T, Bombay for Martini's. I've done several blind taste test with others and pretty much everybody picks tanq.

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Grain Belt Premium. Bottles not cans

Update, just enjoyed a tall beer from Fargo Brewing Co while having lunch at the Blue Moose in G.F...called the Fargo brunch buster. damn good!

Last edited:

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ice cold summer shandy is a go to in the summer. If you want to try for a local brew give Half Brothers in GF a shot. Their Chokecherry Gose is ridiculously good. Don't drink an entire growler in one sitting though, guaranteed gut rot.

On the booze end I like a solid Moscow Mule or some sweet tea vodka

nybs

Honored Member
Yep���� Wasnt a huge gin fan but a guy I worked w in Florida got me started on Bombay...he even named a restaurant after it;). Blue Saphire Sushi;)

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
On tap: Surly Furious, Deschutes Fresh Squeezed, Lagunitas, Bell's Two Hearted

In bottle : kona big wave, kona Hanalei, Bud Select

Cans: Coors Light, Michelob Golden draft

…disclaimer: I will drink just about anything cold :;:cheers

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you like the Shandy, I recommend the Grapefruit version - Far superior in my opinion. I like lighter beers in the summer, something drinkable with some hops. Lagunitas is great. Fulton (IPA, Lonely Blonde, Sweet Child of Vine) out of Minneapolis makes great beer. Others from here in MN you guys may enjoy as they are likely available in ND are Lift Bridge (Farm Girl), Indeed and Castle Danger (Cream Ale). Too many good ones to list. Happy Summer all!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74