Fired Ward Co. Deputy

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
For those of you who live up in the Ward Co. area, what do you make of this Timothy Poston guy. I see now he is filing a grievance with Ward County. I hate to judge this guy without really knowing him, but if a guy handles this in the media, it is likely he will never get a job in North Dakota. Apparently he is finding out the hard way that North Dakota is an "at will" employment state. Unless he has a contract, a person can be let go for not smiling the right way when he comes to work. If he wants to continue working in law enforcement, he might need to head back to Canada. I feel sorry for the guy, but sometimes, just cut the losses and move on.

http://www.kfyrtv.com/content/news/Former-Ward-Co-Deputy-filing-grievance-over-firing-468841803.html

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lots of accusations in the jury of the almighty pc its going to be interesting if he Poston can find anyone else to back up his claims of harassment. We live in what is called a right to work state which could be the same as at will state

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have overheard persons speculate whether the whole "right to work state" or "at will employment" is actually legal. I never gave it much thought and don't have an opinion one way or the other.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hate unions but I think there needs to be afforded some protections for people that are honestly doing their jobs and not causing trouble. I've seen this numerous times where somebody new takes over an outfit and just gets rid of a few that won't drop to their knees. It's really not right. If a person has done nothing whatsoever to be fired why the hell should they be.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn't another person die just the other day in the ward county jail? Thats two now?

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ya...I heard something on the news about an inmate dying there. The radio said something that another inmate alerted staff to a medical condition of the inmate, so he was taken to the hospital where he died. I think they radio said last name "Wilkie".

Magpie

Founding Member
Founding Member
The deputy filed a sexual harassment complaint against the Ward County States Attorney, a female. He alleged she placed her hand on his leg and made remarks about "fuzzy" handcuffs. He also filed a complaint against the Ward Co. sheriffs dept. claiming a hostile work environment. The charge was investigated and dismissed. He then became a royal pain in the ass to the Sheriffs Dept. and county commission. Showing up at Commissioners meetings demanding to be heard and making crazy discrimination charges because he was Canadian. He got a lawyer from California to represent him. Guy's a nutjob and now has resorted to extortion.

http://www.minotdailynews.com/news/local-news/2017/12/deputy-dispute-takes-new-turn/

Jiggernaut

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not a fan of the Ward County Commission, but, I seen yesterday on FB where this guy had made a fictitious profile and was saying stupid stuff. He don't seem right in the head. Appears he's arguing with his neighbors over in Surrey as well. Tim Timmy was his fake profile name.

onpoint!

Established Member
not that the ward co commission is without sin, but this guy is a whack-job. even if his FIL is an ex-commissioner who is, rightfully, sticking up for his SIL. I would've cut him loose long ago, before he embarrassed himself and his badge. who'd want to take a chance with a guy like this on the payroll? certainly not any other law enforcement agency, probably not even Wal-Mart. trouble and drama would seem to follow him, two things you don't need when you're trying to keep the peace.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
not that the ward co commission is without sin, but this guy is a whack-job. even if his FIL is an ex-commissioner who is, rightfully, sticking up for his SIL. I would've cut him loose long ago, before he embarrassed himself and his badge. who'd want to take a chance with a guy like this on the payroll? certainly not any other law enforcement agency, probably not even Wal-Mart. trouble and drama would seem to follow him, two things you don't need when you're trying to keep the peace.

I couldn't agree more!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 166
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79