Pickled Egg recipe

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am on a mission to make a bunch of pickled eggs. So far I have only used Dill pickle juice and they turn out good but I'm always looking to improve. Wondering what you guys use and do you add onions , garlic , Hot sauce or anything else ?

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Onions, garlic, jalapeno, couple habaneros, red bell, peppercorns and horseradish all go in mine. Dash of pickling spice, vinegar and some sugar and salt.

Grizzly Adams

Founding Member
Founding Member
209C7E17-AA4B-415B-BE58-5B17838BCA9A.jpg

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I use the same juice for eggs as I do for fish. After a week in the fridge you can use them for tennis balls, but real nummy.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the recipe , I'll tinker with different ideas . Going to try some hot and spice ones this weekend. I found a shortcut. Seems if you throw hot eggs into cold juice they suck the flavor inside as they cool. After one batch of peeling shells I tried this egg maker that you crack the eggs first then it steams them . Dropped a few that were steaming hot into cold juice and by the time they cool off they are full of flavor. The ones I put in cold still taste like hard boiled eggs.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
They say to push a toothpick into the hot egg the hole will suck the juice into it, does anybody know how to make pickled fish so it isn't so dry

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
They say to push a toothpick into the hot egg the hole will suck the juice into it, does anybody know how to make pickled fish so it isn't so dry

I can see where that would work. I wonder if they remove the shells and reheat the egg or poke the hole through shell and drop in juice and peel the shell after it cools off ?

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
You find or come up with a good recipe Davey? Did you try the recipe Grizzly posted how was it? Got some eggs to use up and been thinking of pickling them.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought two 1/2 gallon jars of pickles and made fried pickles then stuffed the jars with eggs onions and peppers in one and eggs onions and some hot "Tube steak" AKA country style sausage. Just ate the last of it a few days ago, Might go the same route again as there was nothing wrong with them except I could have had more hot stuff. Onions actually got sweet like I'd added sugar. My bride thinks it's gross so I didn't go hog wild.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76