RadRover Electric Bike Reviews?

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any of you own one of these bad boys? They look pretty darn slick! My nephew bought one a few months ago and let me give it a go for a bit. Nice ride! I may have to splurge on one next spring! Pedal assist during especially windy conditions would appear to be the cat's arse. Pedal assist in general! Neat.
RadRover.jpg

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like RadRover is direct to consumer...ie.. no middle man markup. Free shipping from Seattle.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
does it have a mechanism for charging the battery maybe whilst you are breaking or coasting downhill or if you want to give it some pedal?

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
does it have a mechanism for charging the battery maybe whilst you are breaking or coasting downhill or if you want to give it some pedal?

Dang good question!! Answer...direct from tech support at the above website, pedaling, coasting etc, wouldn't generate enough energy to be able to recharge the battery. I guess recharge time in the charger is 3-5 hours.
With the fat tire pedal assist, I can think of a few places that may come in handy, including trails, commuting to work when the price of gas sucks..etc.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just buy a regular bike you lazy asses haha. Seriously though, I can kind of see the use on a road bike, but a Mtn bike, no thanks. Give me a lightweight carbon frame and good components and you'll have a lot more fun on the trails than some clunky pedal assist bike that weighs more than your mom.

Last edited:

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Interesting thread,I watched a demo commerical on one of these bikes a few weeks ago,thought one would be great to have,20mile range on one charge,not sure if they are legal on bike trails in my area? but I like the concept for sliding into my deer stand or close to it instead of my wheeler,nice and quiet..

cavedude

Founding Member
Founding Member
For the hunters on public land, I suppose this would be considered a motorized vehicle and not be allowed off trails?

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a RAMBO bike with e-assist. It has been a blast so far. I can run the dog and quit pedaling when I get tired.

https://rambobikes.com/

New price on Cabela's is $2500. On paper it appears the Rad Rover at $1500 minus the middle man/men upcharge is the way to go, if bikes are comparable in quality etc. I didn't research ebay, Amazon etc. Just appears direct shipment to consumer may be the way to go. Looks like they even have 12 month no interest financing if a person wants to keep their money in those huge interest bearing accounts..haha and pay monthly. Free shipping so the website says.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://www.samsclub.com/sams/liftb...ual-motor/prod21360215.ip?xid=plp:product:1:3

265 lb weight limit, 16 mile range, a bit over 18 mph. For 1/3 the money, this is what I'd have fun with. Of course it's not off-road...

If you've never been to San Fran, people rip around on all sorts of electric skateboards, hover boards etc. The coolest looking ones are the one wheel doohickey. Ive seen guys carving up and down the streets (hills)on these like they were sking a mountain. http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/272822413751?chn=ps&dispItem=1

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
You could add a few trinkets and bells for Bakken points .

bike-balls-gif-final.gif

- - - Updated - - -

Glow in the dark tale lights for safety.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74