Display of the American flag

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So I was in one of our public schools this evening and noticed their flag was displayed with the stars on my right hand. It was displayed vertically. Now I don't claim to be the world's greatest patriot but I always thought the stars were to be on the left. Is there a reason for them to display it the way the are? I am really wanting to tell the school it needs to be changed. What are your guys thoughts. Hanging on a wall

Last edited:

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If displayed on a wall, either vertically or horizontally, the union is to be at the observers left.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the flag is on the arm of a military uniform, the union is on the right. This orientation is intended to depict the flag in the position it would be if it were being flown and the unit was advancing. It’s symbolic of “always advancing” on the battlefield. This could be where someone got things mixed up at the school.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd just be happy that, in this day and age of butt hurt and political correctness, there's an American Flag hanging, period.

Sad, but true.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So I was in one of our public schools this evening and noticed their flag was displayed with the stars on my right hand. It was displayed vertically. Now I don't claim to be the world's greatest patriot but I always thought the stars were to be on the left.Is there a reason for them to display it the way the are? I am really wanting to tell the school it needs to be changed. What are your guys thoughts. Hanging on a wall

I'd just be happy that, in this day and age of butt hurt and political correctness, there's an American Flag hanging, period.

Sad, but true.

As fj40 said when hanging on a wall either vertically or horizontally the stars are to be in the upper left.

I'm happy to see them having the flag up too but it would have been just as easy to hang it properly.

I hope you thank them for hanging the flag and then ask them to hang it correctly.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So I was in one of our public schools this evening and noticed their flag was displayed with the stars on my right hand. It was displayed vertically. Now I don't claim to be the world's greatest patriot but I always thought the stars were to be on the left. Is there a reason for them to display it the way the are? I am really wanting to tell the school it needs to be changed. What are your guys thoughts. Hanging on a wall

Nice catch! We need more Americans like you noticing these things.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67