What the heck Garmin !?!

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
The unit has a flaw. Every time I hit the mark button nothing happens

Wallike

★★★ Legendary Member
I knew they were up to something. They been dumping a lot of money int R&D. Man, that's something! Do you think they will demand top $$$ for it?

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have to wonder how the image looks if the boat is moving (waves) at all.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those are Tarpon in 5 - 10 FOW , I wonder what a 5 # walleye in 18 FOW would look like ?

LiveScope Forward mode is an excellent tool for scouting and fishing out ahead of your cast. You're looking at live, highly detailed and easy-to-interpret scanning sonar images of structure and fish swimming all around your boat — here you can see a school of tarpon that's roughly 5-10 feet deep at about 5-15 feet ahead of the boat.

revolutionz

★★★ Legendary Member
With the advances in sonar someone was bound to make it happen sooner or later...with the cpu power they have today, I would be they might be able to increase the frequency of sonar now that humminbird has got in the MHz range...and make a live view similar to this with the detail of humminbirds mega imaging...that will be crazy. Even watching the detail of these fish swim around is awesome. Wonder if tournaments will outlaw tech like this? Could make scouting for fish a no brainer.

Hamm's

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why do I only see a black box? This has been happening to me frequently lately.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
takemymoney.jpgtakemymoney.jpg

ndskeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
So for the Gov Cup I fished in a boat outfitted with the new Garmin Livescope and I will say it's pretty incredible. We used it shallow in the thick cover and you could literally see how the fish were reacting and where they were moving to. I used it out deep jig rapping and being able to literally watch fish swim in and either bite or move off based on what you are doing with your bait was incredible. Just thought I'd throw out an update on this for anyone that is interested in Garmin.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
So for the Gov Cup I fished in a boat outfitted with the new Garmin Livescope and I will say it's pretty incredible. We used it shallow in the thick cover and you could literally see how the fish were reacting and where they were moving to. I used it out deep jig rapping and being able to literally watch fish swim in and either bite or move off based on what you are doing with your bait was incredible. Just thought I'd throw out an update on this for anyone that is interested in Garmin.

My bank account is cussing you out.

ndskeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
tell me about it....try fishing out of that boat all last week and then the rest of this week for the DWC and then not have it when I go to get back into my boat....being poor sucks! haha

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 168
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77