Underwater Camera

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Finally going to break down and buy one. Borrowing my BILs up on Clearwater last year and watching all the lake trout was an absolute blast.

He has a Marcum VS485, worked well, I didn't have any complaints really, other than it didn't have a good way to position the camera and rotate it. But I think that is an aftermarket thing anyways right?

I'm open to most everything right now, really have no idea what to look for other than price point, I'd like to stay under 500$. Long cable is a plus as well. Agua-Vu, Marcum, Vexilar?

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
814k7yon4HL._SX425_.jpg

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’d go to a store with a bunch out on display and pick the one you think is nicest.

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the Aqua View 360, with 4 cameras and it works great. If you watch ebay some come up there from time to time.

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Does anybody know if there are extensions for the camera cords?

If not the Aqua-vu camera with the fin that you can angle the camera down to see below is intriguing...

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
The deeper you go the less you can see with the camera. You can buy longer cords but no extensions.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Does anybody know if there are extensions for the camera cords?

If not the Aqua-vu camera with the fin that you can angle the camera down to see below is intriguing...
How long of a cord do you need? I like my vexilar camera and I think it can be pointed down also. I really like the reel concept for the camera cord as that is the biggest pain when moving around checking holes.
Aqua view micro looks nice and light but I wonder how durable?

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Anyone have a big old Northern try to eat one for lunch?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
If by chance you find my iPod, or droids whilst searching the bottom waters I can be reached here periodically, and plan a bountiful reward of ice cold Busch lights, and interesting stories. My friend Jeff is a ghoulie, but he is not queer, nor are his stories fiction.

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Up on clearwater we were fishing some waters 90+ft deep. The water up there is so clear that seeing at 60ft was not an issue, so I imagine deeper wouldn't be a problem as well. It is clear enough though that I might be able to get by with the camera angled down.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76