AIM National Championship 2019

Denny

Presented by Yamaha Motor Corp USA and Warrior Boats LLC.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: May 12, 2018
Anglers Insight Marketing LLC (AIM™)

NoDak Gets The Nod: Missouri River At Bismarck To Host 2019 Warrior Boats National Championship Shootout

And the winner is: North Dakota. The Missouri River near Bismarck-Mandan including northern Lake Oahe will host the 2019 AIM Weekend Walleye Series Warrior Boats National Championship Shootout, it was announced today.

AIM National Tournament Director Denny Fox and representatives from the Bismarck-Mandan Convention & Visitors Bureau inked the agreement Saturday to bring one of the country’s premier walleye events, and its unique Catch-Record-Release™ format, to the twin Missouri River towns on Friday and Saturday, May 31 and June 1, 2019.

And, if you’re from North Dakota and want to be there when it’s all on the line for that new V1898DC Warrior, powered by a new 150hp Yamaha four-stroke, with Garmin electronics on board, worth a cool 50Gs or so, it’s time to step up to the plate, said Fox. You need to be present and accounted for this season to have a shot at winning.

“All teams in the Shootout qualify the year before. The top five in Team of The Year standings, and the top five places in each divisional championship in North Dakota, Minnesota and Wisconsin each have a chance to win that new Warrior boat-Yamaha motor combo,” Fox said.

For those NoDak teams who’ve not yet signed up to compete in this year’s division tourneys, what are you waiting for? Fox asks. “The only way to fish the state championship or get Team Of The Year points is to fish the qualifiers, and there are only three left this season, and the second event, on Devils Lake next Sunday, May 20, closes for entries on midnight Wednesday.

“That means you need to be in the next three North Dakota divisional qualifiers to have a shot at the state championship, and the National Championship Shootout. Wisconsin answered and its tourneys are full. The twin events on Minnesota’s Mille Lacs are also sold out. Will you answer your state’s call, or come game day, say shoulda woulda?” he asked.

For entry forms and info, go to aimfishing.com.

Anglers Insight Marketing LLC (AIM™) is a unique tournament organization created and owned by many of the most accomplished and recognizable professional walleye anglers, along with others who share the mission of advancing competitive walleye fishing and making it sustainable into the future. AIM is committed to marketing excellence on behalf of its tournament competitors, the tournament host communities, and the brands that partner with it. AIM is also committed to maintaining healthy fisheries across the nation by the development of the exclusive AIM Catch-Record-Release™ format which is integral to its dynamic events and unparalleled consumer engagement. For more information about AIM™, AIM Pro Walleye Series™, AIM Weekend Walleye Series, AIM sponsors and AIM anglers, visit www.aimfishing.com.

AIM Presenting Sponsors: Yamaha Motor Corporation U.S.A. and Warrior Boats, LLC.

AIM Supporting Sponsors: Mercury Marine, Nitro Boats, Garmin, Navionics, Power Pole, Worldwide Marine Insurance, AirWave Pedestals, Off Shore Tackle, Vibrations Tackle, Pro Chattrr, Gemini Sport Marketing, Treeland Resort, Anglers Avenue, Moonshine Lures Shiver Minnow, JT Outdoors Products, Fox River Lures and Rods , Bismarck Mandan Convention and Visitors Bureau

Honored Member
Great marketing move to fill North Dakota. All the other states have full fields. Sakakwea would've been the better move to fill the field.

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why would Sakakawea be better? This is the problem this circuit has. Everyone one in ND does nothing but complain about whatever it is AIM does. Everyone seems to want the tournament in their backyard so they feel like they have a better chance at winning.

If you want to see a ND team have a good shot at winning this is it. Most of the guys from WI are great lakes fisherman and putting them on the river will put them way out of their comfort zone.

Honored Member
Why would Sakakawea be better? This is the problem this circuit has. Everyone one in ND does nothing but complain about whatever it is AIM does. Everyone seems to want the tournament in their backyard so they feel like they have a better chance at winning.

If you want to see a ND team have a good shot at winning this is it. Most of the guys from WI are great lakes fisherman and putting them on the river will put them way out of their comfort zone.

I'm not disagreeing with you on the river being a great spot or complaining. I was just stating that I believe their would be even more interest in ND if it was held on Sakakawea from a marketing stand point.

LiebelsGuide

Founding Member
Founding Member
A couple days to sign up for the DL event this weekend! Need to fish 3 and the state championship to have a chance to fish it! Sign up ASAP and we will see you at Devils!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you need a partner, or can you just sign up and draw one??

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
You need a partner, I think you can have one sub on your team, but the captain must fish all the tournaments. You also can just sign up and pay entry and not fish if your main goal is to try to get in the national tourney by way of the state qualifier/championship, which you need to fish 3 tournaments to qualify for.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's interesting, pay and not fish, just to get in next year with a home court advantage. I wonder if I can convince my millionaire buddy to buy us into these tournaments just so we can win it in my backyard next year.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's interesting, pay and not fish, just to get in next year with a home court advantage. I wonder if I can convince my millionaire buddy to buy us into these tournaments just so we can win it in my backyard next year.

Well that doesn’t automatically get you in either. It’ll pretty much make it so you have to finish top 5 at state championship to get in.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tournaments suck dead rotting donkey cock.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thats kinda how I feel, but I'm in one all ready and my buddy wants to get in at least 3 so we qualify for Team of the Year consideration. Plus the final tournament in August.....Not sure we'll get in 3 though....Bastards had to go and link all the local tournaments together on northern OAHE.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member

top 5 in standings and top 5 in state championship go to nationals, so you have to fish at sometime, don't think anyone would care if you wanted to donate 300 bucks to the pot.

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great marketing move to fill North Dakota.

Is it though, given the timing? To qualify for this event the finishes and standings from this summer's (2018) events are what matter. You need three qualifiers to have a chance and there is only 24 hours for a team who isn't already signed up to do so.

This should have been the marketing campaign all winter to get more ND teams signed up to fish 3 events this summer for the chance to fish in the 2019 Bismarck event.

So they release this statement and now people have 24 hours to come up with a team and register to even have a chance at this? Don't see this increasing the numbers at all unfortunately.

Its a win for the ND group to get this opportunity, Especially with the higher participations in MN and WI, but it seems like if they planned the 2020 championship right now, they could actually use it as leverage to increase the participation in ND. I am sure they realize this and you take what you can get when you get it. Just seems like a missed opportunity.

Last edited:

limit2winit

Established Member
what he said. if you were trying to get the north dakota division filled up, releasing this the day before the 2nd tournament deadline wasnt the best move.

as for the missouri river system having another tournament, really whats the hurt? It's all catch, record and release so no fish are harvested. And really not the greatest timing of year for size of fish anyway. Depending on where the launch is, most guys may run down to oahe anyway.

it's a great format and would be great if other tournaments would follow suit. personally like not having to worry about keeping fish alive all day and being able to record as many fish as you want. for those of you who like the aspect of a tournament but don't like the harvest side of it, this derb is for you.

Is it though, given the timing? To qualify for this event the finishes and standings from this summer's (2018) events are what matter. You need three qualifiers to have a chance and there is only 24 hours for a team who isn't already signed up to do so.

This should have been the marketing campaign all winter to get more ND teams signed up to fish 3 events this summer for the chance to fish in the 2019 Bismarck event.

So they release this statement and now people have 24 hours to come up with a team and register to even have a chance at this? Don't see this increasing the numbers at all unfortunately.

Its a win for the ND group to get this opportunity, Especially with the higher participations in MN and WI, but it seems like if they planned the 2020 championship right now, they could actually use it as leverage to increase the participation in ND. I am sure they realize this and you take what you can get when you get it. Just seems like a missed opportunity.

ranger150

★ Legendary Member
Maybe those running the Big Muddy will watch and learn how to run a catch and release tournament.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 162
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76