Lake Sac this weekend

zpoetzsch

I’m looking to head out with some buddies this weekend to Lake Sac. We’re going after walleyes and perch. Any suggestions for where to go? Anyone having luck? I’m pretty new to ice fishing, so whatever help that I can get would be much appreciated! Thanks

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
The west end has been awesome this year so far for walleye Newtown to Williston I haven't had any problems finding a limit set up just off the channel 30-40 ft

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really need to get up there on the ice for a weekend this year. I fish all summer from Indian Hills to Skunk but have never ice fished anything but the east end and that has usually been for spring pike. I just never hear anything that great east, but i'm sure there are guys that catch them.

Living in Bismarck its just easier to go to Oahe than try and figure out east Sak in the winter.

dschaible

Established Member
i wouldn't waste your time on the east end this weekend. Its been very similar to last year, pretty darn terrible. Unless you know a guy who has figured out the bite otherwise go to the west end of the lake or Audubon.

ejolliffe

Founding Member
Founding Member
I second the New town to Williston. Bite has slowed a bit but White earth Bay is a solid place to start.

Riggen&Jiggen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't want to scare people but unless you are going with people that have experience or you know where to go on Sak I suggest you be extremely careful. Saks ice conditions change through out the winter. A place that had 15 inches one day can be 5 inches the next. I have seen it. Pressure ridges form and disappear. Even on 4 wheelers be careful. A couple years ago a guy fell through with a 4 wheeler and died. Sak is another animal compared to DL and smaller lakes.

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
What is this lake sac that you speak of and what does it hold?

It is the best lake in this state and it holds about ever fresh water species in this state lol you never need to fish any where else and why would you j/k
It is the best lake by far though

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have not had time to go, all the kids hockey games are home so maybe Sunday. Have heard decent reports from most areas on the west end.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
saks super deep water gives me the jeebies. I seem to think I'm safe over 25 ft on 20" ice but nervous over 90 ft river channels. silly, but...

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
East end has been very slow. Too much bait fish lighting up your graph all day and night. It sounds like the upper west side is the place to be.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 119
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 71