Patience is a virtue

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I was up at Van Hook this past weekend, or more the New Town area in general. On one occasion, I was in line to pull the Toon off the lake using the main ramp at Van Hook. There was a fella in line ahead of me who was vocally announcing his displeasure at how fast those ahead of us were getting their boats out of the water.

I thought for sure he must be some master docker, that is until I started backing down the ramp next to him as he and two others tried to load a newer boat. They clowned around long enough for me to (singlehandedly, I might add) back my trailer down, retrieve the Toon from the courtesy dock, and pull up the ramp ahead of them.

I swear, the guy seemed like he was ready to have an aneurism while waiting 5 minutes, only to be slower than the 3 ahead of him that stressed him out.

Relax people, fishing and boating isn't meant to be stressful.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
People like him should buy their fish from the Schwans truck

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
any chance he was wearing white oakleys and diving a jacked up pick up ?

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
:) Some days a person feels like they are surrounded by idiots. This turned out to be funny because the guy thought I was taking a picture of his bike because I admired it, not because he was taking up much more space than he needed. 20170601_115538.jpg

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like the ones that toot the horn when nor courtesy dock exists or its full and i pull in on the rocks to drop off a driver. Man that gets em going.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
How about the guys that after honking and yelling for people to hurry up, take 37 tries to back down the ramp. Then they end up taking 2 or 3 spots and then take everything out of the truck and put it in the boat? If that's not bad enough then the boat won't start.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
:) Some days a person feels like they are surrounded by idiots. This turned out to be funny because the guy thought I was taking a picture of his bike because I admired it, not because he was taking up much more space than he needed.image.jpg
This guy must be handicapped since he is driving a trike, so I'll give him a pass.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Eh, sometimes they're barking the truth as well. Granted, if you're going to yell for people to hurry up, you better be an expert at recovering a boat. I'm not one to yell at anyone to hurry up, especially on memorial day, 4th of july, and labor day.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Somebody should start a new thread, just for the 4th of July mishaps. I didn't see much for entertainment this year unfortunately.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I recall waiting behind a couple at Fox Island, who were trying to launch a boat. He was in the boat, wifey piloting the tow-rig. I offered help, and she hopped right out (gratefully). This was years ago, but 4th of July at Fox Island is not the time and place to learn how to back a boat in.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just about lost it Sunday when a guy took forever to finish strapping the safety chain on his front end, he then stopped half way up the ramp to, what I thought was pull his plug, but it turned out he left his motor down and was dragging the ramp with it. After I tried squeezing to the side of him is when mrs johnr told to me calm down the guy was struggling with his unit, and I need to learn to be more patient.

I am from here on out, going to be overly patient, I don't want to be the dink that I saw myself being.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Somebody should start a new thread, just for the 4th of July mishaps. I didn't see much for entertainment this year unfortunately.

Three wide lane at The Driink's ramp. Guy in an old glass lund stopped halfway up, in the middle of the ramp, to pulll his plug. 102 degrees out. I'm so happy I don't have to use that ramp again.

220swift

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not one to say anything to people taking awhile a the ramp
since I unload/load by myself 95% of the time.
But I was close this weekend. two gals using the east ramp at
Ft Stevenson back down the ramp to unload a kayak and a canoe.
I could have totally understood backing down on the edge so they
wouldnt have to carry them so far, but taking 10-15 minutes to back
down next to the dock, unstrap and unload one at a time then tie them to the
dock then spend a little time to chitchat about where to go got me a little mad.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just about lost it Sunday when a guy took forever to finish strapping the safety chain on his front end, he then stopped half way up the ramp to, what I thought was pull his plug, but it turned out he left his motor down and was dragging the ramp with it. After I tried squeezing to the side of him is when mrs johnr told to me calm down the guy was struggling with his unit, and I need to learn to be more patient.

I am from here on out, going to be overly patient, I don't want to be the dink that I saw myself being.

So she was with you on Sunday? Well, that explains why nobody answered your door.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
"after I tried squeezing to the side of him is when mrs johnr told to me calm down the guy was struggling with his unit, and I need to learn to be more patient."

:;:thumbsup

Hey now

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not one to say anything to people taking awhile a the ramp
since I unload/load by myself 95% of the time.
But I was close this weekend. two gals using the east ramp at
Ft Stevenson back down the ramp to unload a kayak and a canoe.
I could have totally understood backing down on the edge so they
wouldnt have to carry them so far, but taking 10-15 minutes to back
down next to the dock, unstrap and unload one at a time then tie them to the
dock then spend a little time to chitchat about where to go got me a little mad.

Ft. Stevenson was a sh** show this weekend. I don't expect everyone to be experts, but a little courtesy goes a long way. But also, shame on the park management for letting people tie tubes up to the courtesy docks so that boats can't unload a person to get the trailer. Saw that on Sunday.

I would really like to see the G&F put out a pamphlet on boat ramp courtesy(if they don't already have one). Or maybe create an online course mandatory for all boat owners. a 10 minute video, with about 5 questions for a certification would work. Make it free and good for life.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Make it free and good for life.

Given the average age of the douchiest of the douches that get worked up at a ramp, I'd suggest recertification at around age 35-40. You know, just when a person has enough experience to think they no longer need to remember a different time in their own development.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77