Storms

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
So out of power for bout 3 hours now n hot as balls in the house so sitting the garage listening to the wind blow. How did everyone fair? Lots of cleanup, or come out unscathed? I did a quick walk around the yard n didn't look to bad, but we'll see when it's light out. I did however hear of a camper that got blown into the lake at New John's. That would be a hell of a wake up call. Hopefully no one was injured.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Its 3:30 in the morning and its at highway 281 still heading straight east, Weather channel said in about 90 minutes I will find out.

- - - Updated - - -

Its 3:30 in the morning and its at highway 281 still heading straight east, Weather channel said in about 90 minutes I will find out.
Dog is getting anise 10 min to blow hard and rain.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Dog is getting anise 10 min to blow hard and rain.
Best light show I have ever seen in a long time.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing exciting here in Minot. The heavy stuff split and went north and south of town. I slept thru most of it.

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
About an inch in Hebron, heavy winds. Lots of tin roofs took some wind damage in town. We are now sitting right at 16 inches total of rain at my place. Went through Beulah this morning, and Cenex had water standing on the floor coming in the door. Reports from about a dozen ranchers/farmers up there indicate anywhere from 1.7 to 5 inches. Really a wide variety. Maybe this will flood out those dipshits in Bismarck/Mandan that chose to build right on the river again. One can only hope.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wishing for people to lose their homes, not a good look taylorman. At lease bis/man residents aren’t asking for a diversion, taking away farm land.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
About an inch in Hebron, heavy winds. Lots of tin roofs took some wind damage in town. We are now sitting right at 16 inches total of rain at my place. Went through Beulah this morning, and Cenex had water standing on the floor coming in the door. Reports from about a dozen ranchers/farmers up there indicate anywhere from 1.7 to 5 inches. Really a wide variety. Maybe this will flood out those dipshits in Bismarck/Mandan that chose to build right on the river again. One can only hope.

What kind of dipshit builds in an area where there is a possibility of heavy winds ?
You sir are a special kind of stupid

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
picked up about .5 loud thunder but didn't get up to watch any of it at 4:30am. Was suprised the wife, kids and dog slept through it all.

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member

Little over an inch North of Bismarck a couple of miles. Taylorman, no matter what the cause, no one deserves having there home destroyed. I had nearly $75k worth of hail damage two years ago and getting things back to normal is no picnic. Also I think some of the products used were inferior to the original construction. I cringe every time it rains and I think I hear a hail stone hitting.

JUSTWINGNIT

Founding Member
Founding Member
I live 4 miles south of washburn. Got some broken branches and shit. Rain gauge says 3.9 inches of rain! And we still have no power!

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Airport in Bis only reporting 0.69" which is a little surprising as it was really pouring from about 1:15-1:45. Luckily it didn't last much longer than that and it appears there's little damage in central Bismarck.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been watching the local new for the level of Sakakawea with no luck, any reports as to the level?

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
1.08 in nw Mandan....no damage that I could see but that wind was something else

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member

Huh. I would have expected more class from you. Guess I was wrong.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been watching the local new for the level of Sakakawea with no luck, any reports as to the level?

According to the corps daily bulletin the lake is at 1852.7 up .2/ft and as of 9 am the river at Bismarck is at 13.4 up from I believe 13.15 yesterday.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks Obi-wan, so less than a foot before it goes over emergency spillway?

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
19C1173E-1E82-4317-B2B0-666273AB0527.jpg

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just got a call from Grandma. The water is coming in her basement over in Mandan. Then I get to go see if my camper made it threw. It sounded like a good idea at the time to take it out to the lake.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74