Spinners/In Line Weights

Fitz

Established Member
I noticed some guys outside of North Dakota have talked about running 1oz inline weights with their crawler rigs. With going at about 1.1 to 1.3 mph, they are running around 15' down. Has anyone tried that before? I have not myself but curious if a similar rig works around here (Sak/Audubon).

Riggen&Jiggen

Founding Member
Founding Member
That is mainly for open water and suspended fish. You can use it in any lake but you will get more snags if you use it on the bottom.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I use for crappies when they are suspended at Dead Colt Creek and it works well.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
A bb is essentially and inline weight and the only real difference between those and inline weights are the closeness to the bottom and the length of the snell. Inline weights allow snells to be much longer than bb as they are a more open water terminal tackle where snags are almost nonexistent. We used them on the great lakes with 10-12 ft rods and 14-16 ft snells over those miles and miles of open water basins. I've heard of guys using them on LOW as well. I've never thought of using them on Sak, Devils, or any ND waters.

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep pick the right weight and run over the tops of weeds you might catch something#$%^&>

Harris

Founding Member
Founding Member
The precison trolling app has the dive curves for the offshore 1oz snap weights. You can run the new style weights as an inline weight.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I must be old as this is the technique everyone used on Sak in the days before bottom bouncers came along.

Order of spinner weight succession in ND:

Inline or rubber cored sinkers, common in the 70s and early 80s
Bottom Walkers came about in the 80s
Bottom Bouncers came around not long after the bottom walkers

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103