It's a new season GO SIOUX

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shit, the UND broadcast must be behind times. I'm at the end of the first and UND is up 1-0 over UN Omaha!

Go SIOUX!

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking more like a 4-0 UND win!

- - - Updated - - -

Was I prophetic or what???

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
UND bumped Omaha in the PairWise. Omaha was #14 and UND was #15. Now it is reversed.

Screen Shot 2018-03-09 at 9.54.45 PM.jpg

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was there last weekend, they basically outplayed St Cloud and still only ended up with a single point out of the weekend. Very difficult time to be a Sioux fan. They just were not sharp on passing or taking advantage of Saint Cloud mistakes.

Signs of a team that just isn't on the same page.

That being said, Saint Cloud is NOT your next national champion. They aren't as good as the rankings suggest.

I haven't paid much attention this year, but you watch...a team like Cornell, Denver, or Duluth (maybe Michigan) are going to win it all this year. Saint Cloud can not play like they did against the Sioux and expect to win it all.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was there last weekend, they basically outplayed St Cloud and still only ended up with a single point out of the weekend. Very difficult time to be a Sioux fan. They just were not sharp on passing or taking advantage of Saint Cloud mistakes.

That being said, Saint Cloud is NOT your next national champion. They aren't as good as the rankings suggest.

I haven't paid much attention this year, but you watch...a team like Cornell, Denver, or Duluth (maybe Michigan) are going to win it all this year. Saint Cloud can not play like they did against the Sioux and expect to win it all.

They got 2 points on Saturday night when they scored on the 3 on 3 OT. It went into the books as a tie, but UND got the extra point on Saturday!

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
They got 2 points on Saturday night when they scored on the 3 on 3 OT. It went into the books as a tie, but UND got the extra point on Saturday!

That extra point only counts in conference play

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
They played great in the first 40 but the 3rd got a little rough yet again. It just seems like this team tends to fade in the 3rd period of every game. I doubt its a conditioning thing but its definitely something that needs to be corrected quickly. Cam made a few good saves which help keep momentum. We absolutely can not lose tonight.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member

I like to watch some hockey but I'm nowhere close to being an expert or even someone who knows the fine points of a game. I was also at the game last Saturday when they played St. Cloud. Am confused by the comments above. "They basically outplayed St. Cloud, but not sharp passing or taking advantage of St. Cloud mistakes." How do you determine they outplayed the opponent when they weren't sharp or took advantage of mistakes?

From my "lack of knowledge of the game" I thought St. Cloud was much faster skating and handled the puck much better than UND. UND outshot St. Cloud but other than that stat I thought St. Cloud was the better team. Now last night I though Omaha was a very uninspired team that was in need of a nap. A couple of the goals appeared St. Cloud's defenders and goalies were thinking this was just a practice game and not much effort.

Realize these comments are from someone who likes hockey, but is not a hard-core fan.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like to watch some hockey but I'm nowhere close to being an expert or even someone who knows the fine points of a game. I was also at the game last Saturday when they played St. Cloud. Am confused by the comments above. "They basically outplayed St. Cloud, but not sharp passing or taking advantage of St. Cloud mistakes." How do you determine they outplayed the opponent when they weren't sharp or took advantage of mistakes?

From my "lack of knowledge of the game" I thought St. Cloud was much faster skating and handled the puck much better than UND. UND outshot St. Cloud but other than that stat I thought St. Cloud was the better team. Now last night I though Omaha was a very uninspired team that was in need of a nap. A couple of the goals appeared St. Cloud's defenders and goalies were thinking this was just a practice game and not much effort.

Realize these comments are from someone who likes hockey, but is not a hard-core fan.

These are always subjective (outside the greater number of shots on goal) discussions. While I didn't put a stopwatch to work, it sure seemed to me that the game was played primarily on St. Clouds side of the ice. For me, greater number of shots on goal + predominantly playing on other team's side of the ice sheet = outplayed.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Denver up 2-0 on CC after 1 and Miami of Ohio up 2-0 on SCSU after 1. UND probably plays the winner of Miami/SCSU in St. Paul next weekend if Denver wins tonight.

SCSU scored on a PP early in the second and Miami comes back with a goal in 4 seconds to bring the score to 3-1 Miami.

Denver up 5-0 near the end of second and SCSU scores to cut the lead to 3-2 for Miami.

Denver wins 6-1 and Miami and SCSU go to OT tied 3-3.

SCSU wins 4-3 in OT. UND vs SCSU next weekend in St. Paul.

Last edited by a moderator:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79