AR Ammo

GSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Finally dove in and picked up a Ruger AR-556 to start with. Where are the best places to buy ammo in bulk .223. Any specific brands to stay away from? I found some Wolf Performance for around .24 cents per round on 500 round cases. The reviews on all of the ammo I have looked at seem pretty mixed based on what rifle it goes through, how often it is cleaned, how much you shoot, etc. Mostly looking for plinking ammo and the occasional coyote/critter that crosses my path. Thanks,

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I've always bought from Bulk Ammo, 1000rd boxes, 55Gr. Hollow Points,sometimes they don't have 55's so I just get what's in the neighborhood and call it good, no FMJ for me, Tula brand, and I've shot a shit load of them

( deleted account )

Banned
Banned
Not a particular. Fan of any AR ammo brand. Lots of sales and cheap am,o, and though it may not all be match quality ammo, it all goes BANG each and every time in my Mini 14 and DPMS and rolls coyotes and p dogs out as far as I an hold on them.
I hear different stuff bout steel Wolf ammo, though haven’t had a oblemmwith it myself. Ivvelearned however, to keep it dry, if it gets wet then dry it off or it’ll tarnish And it’s eventually.
lots of cheap non reloadable ammo out there. Fun guns!! Wish they didn’t look so mean, but then I’m old fashioned......

Weekender

★★★ Legendary Member
I've shot quite a few rounds of Wolf Gold through my AR. I normally purchase bulk ammo from Sportsman's Guide. Haven't had any issues with them and their pricing is pretty good. Plus there are normally promo codes available to save money. I would recommend sticking with brass, mainly because the bulk steel ammo just seems to be so dirty.

Yarcraft

Palmetto state armory has 420 round cans of 62 Gcr for 139 with free shipping. I’ve shot a lot of it and had good luck.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76