Puller The Trigger

Bullsnake

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pulled the trigger and starting this October, I will be for hire in the Prairie Dog "management" Business.
Now I just need a catchy name to call it.

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure your main extermination process but if using the big Vacuum

Name Dirt Hole Suckers

Saying We make them gophers pucker

good luck in your venture

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure your main extermination process but if using the big Vacuum

Name Dirt Hole Suckers

Saying We make them gophers pucker

good luck in your venture

is this a real thing???

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
stupid question: don’t p dogs groom large areas and tend them of weeds etc. so that only grass grows?
?

ie are they truly a negative?

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
stupid question: don’t p dogs groom large areas and tend them of weeds etc. so that only grass grows?
?

ie are they truly a negative?

cattle step in the holes they dig and break their legs... ranchers hate them...

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I read that many times - I figured maybe it wasn’t that pivotal an issue

seems like cows have, for eons, had to deal with burrowing animals

also - maybe one cow per 10,000 breaking a leg is actually still a net gain for all the herbicide-free grooming?

again- just pondering it - not taking a position pro/con vs the dogs, just pondering it

Browneye

Founding Member
Founding Member
There isn't a single positive aspect to prairie dogs. There are still weeds and the only grass they leave is less than 1 inch tall which causes erosion. I wouldn't wish a prairie dog town on my worst enemy.

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pulled the trigger and starting this October, I will be for hire in the Prairie Dog "management" Business.
Now I just need a catchy name to call it.

Im just wondering why someone would pay you to shot or poison P dogs. When land owners have people every week asking to shoot them. If the Land owners asked for $100 for a weekend it would be a win win for both. I have shot the same towns for yrs and see the # of shooters out there thru out the yrs. If I went there next weekend and he asked for $100 I would gladly pay it.

Now that just me, and maybe other shoots don't feel the same as I do.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im just wondering why someone would pay you to shot or poison P dogs. When land owners have people every week asking to shoot them. If the Land owners asked for $100 for a weekend it would be a win win for both. I have shot the same towns for yrs and see the # of shooters out there thru out the yrs. If I went there next weekend and he asked for $100 I would gladly pay it.

Now that just me, and maybe other shoots don't feel the same as I do.

You could shoot the barrels out of a hundred rifles and not reduce a p-dog towns population enough to erradicate them. Even with suppressors they learn to fast to sit out and continue getting shot at.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Carl's exterminator service.

"We kill all golfers...I mean gophers. And we dont even need a reason."

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
when propane was cheap it was an effective prairie dog killer, we did a town that was on a 1/4 section of pasture surrounded by irrigated farm land they were moving out into the fields so bye bye. we had a 500 gallon propane tank on a trailer and put pipe on the end of the hose, stuck pipe down hole shoveled in dirt and turned on for about 30 seconds and looked for propane leaking out small holes around the main hole we saw less than a dozen prairie dogs after we were done. works on rattlesnakes too.

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
You could shoot the barrels out of a hundred rifles and not reduce a p-dog towns population enough to erradicate them. Even with suppressors they learn to fast to sit out and continue getting shot at.

I agree with what your saying. Thats my point how can one person put a dent in the population that hundreds of barrels can't.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67