A400 Xplor Action

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone have or shoot one of these, if so what do you think?

Main-Banner-Action4.jpg

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just purchased the A400 extreme plus not sure if this helps very little recoil it is a dream to shoot

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 20 also. Amazing gun. Lightest 20 semi auto on the market. The action is superb. Least recoil I’ve ever experienced

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
I 2nd the M2. ran 55 boxes of shells through it last spring ( I know I know no one believes me cuz I don't post pics to prove some of the hunts we had so believe what you want) anyway never deep cleaned it once ran a couple patches and oil through it a few times never took it apart and she ran strong and this is pushing 9 -10 shots out at times with the extension .

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have 2 beretta extrema 2s. They are fool proof. Have put a couple thousand rounds through one of them. The other only has only couple boxes through it. Very light recoil and always performs well. I was debating trading them in for new a400 xtreme or whatever they are called. A couple dealers said the new xtremes are best gun on market. Light recoil, is coated better than any other gun to prevent moisture and scratching. Then of course new features like over sized trigger guards-safety and bolts. Nice gun but two different dealers said that the berettas and black eagles are way over priced.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not especially proud in admitting this, but I haven't cleaned my M2 in a couple of years. And that includes a summer of shooting in a league.

Yeah, I wipe it down to keep the exterior oiled as rust protection, but I haven't broken it down for a thorough cleaning since 2 years ago.

I should probably do that before I go hunting.

- - - Updated - - -

Granted, it didn't get a lot of shooting last year.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
for some reason my brain demands a wide open view (too easily ditracted?... squirrel!)

the raised rib combined with the small frame of an M2 20g is like having nothing in your site other than the target and surroundings - almost like a head up display

I probably don't shoot with it better than a non-raised rib but I innately giggle with satisfaction every time I shoulder it to take aim

M2 might be lighter too?

- - - Updated - - -

I've got fair mechanical intuitiveness

but my mind gets destroyed every time I try to intuitively understand the Inertia system - ha ha ha

- - - Updated - - -

I could swear I can feel the secondary ejection after the recoil - very "da-dump" feeling - feels awesome

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
LOVE my M2. Only disappointment is the finish. Bought black matte and the barrel scuffs WAY too easily. I've honestly thought about getting a protective coating over it just because I hate the look so much (and I'm getting a bit of surface rust).

But I didn't buy it to be pretty. I use it from September geese and ducks, to autumn grouse and subzero pheasants. It goes bang every single time, and I certainly don't baby it.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I could swear I can feel the secondary ejection after the recoil - very "da-dump" feeling - feels awesome

It's not unbelievable that you'd feel the bolt hit the rear end of it's cycle stroke. Long-stoke inertia driven systems a la A-5's/AL 48's you can absolutely feel the bbl hit the end of it's stroke as well as hear the clickitty-clack-------ping and feel the action spring vibrating beneath the forearm.

In a Benelli it's nothing within the bolt or really even within the action rails that'll ever really cause F-T-F/F (Failure to function/fire). If a Benelli is ever having trouble, it's almost always the Recoil Return Spring (RRS) housed within the butt-stock getting gummed up and slowing the bolt's return into forward battery. It's too bad that Benelli can't put something like the A-5 spring/friction-ring setup under their forearm and get rid of the RRS housed up it's backside. The Benelli is very easy to tear-down and clean, except for the part that is most often causing F-T-F/F.

To be fair, Beretta and Browining/Winchester also suffer from SIAS (Spring in ass syndrome). You can deep-clean the gas systems with a jeweler's ultrasonic system, but, if the RRS is compromised there's no amount of cleaning elsewhere that'll save you from FTF/F.

Last edited:

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's not unbelievable that you'd feel the bolt hit the rear end of it's cycle stroke. Long-stoke inertia driven systems a la A-5's/AL 48's you can absolutely feel the bbl hit the end of it's stroke as well as hear the clickitty-clack-------ping and feel the action spring vibrating beneath the forearm.

In a Benelli it's nothing within the bolt or really even within the action rails that'll ever really cause F-T-F/F (Failure to function/fire). If a Benelli is ever having trouble, it's almost always the Recoil Return Spring (RRS) housed within the butt-stock getting gummed up and slowing the bolt's return into forward battery. It's too bad that Benelli can't put something like the A-5 spring/friction-ring setup under their forearm and get rid of the RRS housed up it's backside. The Benelli is very easy to tear-down and clean, except for the part that is most often causing F-T-F/F.

To be fair, Beretta and Browining/Winchester also suffer from SIAS (Spring in ass syndrome). You can deep-clean the gas systems with a jeweler's ultrasonic system, but, if the RRS is compromised there's no amount of cleaning elsewhere that'll save you from FTF/F.

I'm pretty sure this is EXACTLY how Frandchi operates. My understanding is their receiver is indistinguishable from a Benelli, but the recoil spring is located in the forearm instead of the butt. Makes it a tish more forward heavy, but some folks like this for follow through. I personally feel like the Belli M2 is better balanched than it's Franchi equivalent...but it's also more that twice the price.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure this is EXACTLY how Frandchi operates. My understanding is their receiver is indistinguishable from a Benelli, but the recoil spring is located in the forearm instead of the butt.

That's true, however, the Franchi spring isn't anywhere near as robust as the A-5 and it's copies. The Franchi spring is 2-3 strands of metal twisted or braided together and weak enough to cause the same action slowing that's caused when a Benelli's ass-spring clogs. An A-5 action spring rivals the robustness of the inertia spring housed within a Benelli's bolt. A more stout spring either up it's ass or over the magazine tube would go a long way towards reducing recoil as well. In fact, if one could get the marketing dipshits who've never held a shotgun let alone hunted with or cleaned one, most of them would come with a "target/light" spring and a "field" spring. The 3.5" 12ga versions could even have a "magnum" spring. Swapping springs under the forearm, over the mag-tube would be a <1min swap, would save the owner's shoulder and cheek as well as saving the action from beating itself to death.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I pulled the trigger ( not literally yet) yesterday on this 8641EC34-339F-42E0-AD1F-0149A526912F.jpg My first semi auto shotgun. Upon reading up on it, it states I need to shoot some 1-1/8 ounce loads thru it to break it in but doesn’t say how many. My question to you gun experts is how many boxes do I need to run thru it?

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well I pulled the trigger ( not literally yet) yesterday on this Rachel-McAdams-Pretty-Hairstyle.jpg My first semi auto shotgun. Upon reading up on it, it states I need to shoot some 1-1/8 ounce loads thru it to break it in but doesn’t say how many. My question to you gun experts is how many boxes do I need to run thru it?

If I were you I’d go a puddle hunt and blast away at teal and coots. Better than shooting at targets!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 138
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77