Fish taco recipes?

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
OK, I'll admit I never was a fish taco guy. However, a few years ago my bosses wife made some killer walleye tacos. I've lost touch with them and the wife wants to try to make them. Have walleye and hallibut in the freezer. Anyone have any go to recipes for the fish and for the sauce? The sauce was the stand-out in the recipe I liked, so good! Anyhow, looking for a good recipe or two to try!

stalker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sauce

ingedients:

chipolte peppers in adobe sauce
mayonaise
Heinz ketchup

Chop the peppers
mix equal parts peppers, mayo and ketchup.

Use less peppers if you like less heat.

Enjoy!

Brasmunky

Established Member
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup sour cream
1 lime zested and juiced
Garlic powder to taste
Sirachia chili sauce to taste
Chipotle powder to taste.

Let it rest in the fridge for an hour or so

Downrigger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Take fish

Deep fry fish

Take mayo, lime, taco seasoning, shells, taco sause, pepper, a little sour cream. Mix in a bowl. Throw the bowl in the garbage and eat your deep fried fish.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok. I actually do like fish tacos. I like to use grilled fish instead of fried. I have used this recipe as a base.
https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/grilled-fish-tacos/

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just made some last nite with bare walleye fillets in tinfoil on the grill with EVO, pepper, cayenne, onion slices (for taste), and lime slices..
In the meantime made up the KFC coleslaw recipe (much better than lettuce) and cut up a couple Avacados with a little lemon zest for the toppings.. Warm up tortillas in the microwave for 20 secs, add it all in the soft shell, and BAM! (I sacrifice the breading of the fish for the slaw in the health department, but then again I LOVE baked filets..)

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Halibut works great for tacos. Cut it up into bite size pieces and roll it in taco seasoning. Fry in some peanut oil until it's got a good sear. Soft shell tortillas work better than hard shells. Cabbage or coleslaw, cheese or whatever you like.

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just made some last nite with bare walleye fillets in tinfoil on the grill with EVO, pepper, cayenne, onion slices (for taste), and lime slices..
In the meantime made up the KFC coleslaw recipe (much better than lettuce) and cut up a couple Avacados with a little lemon zest for the toppings.. Warm up tortillas in the microwave for 20 secs, add it all in the soft shell, and BAM! (I sacrifice the breading of the fish for the slaw in the health department, but then again I LOVE baked filets..)

Do exactly what he said and you will have great tacos.

Good eating

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
fried fish on soft corn tortilla, add a scoop of creamy coslaw on top, add sarachi on top of that ..eat then repeat

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had some fairly decent ones around 1am from the sports bar in Fargo back in the day

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you are lucky enough to know Guywhofishes, his wife, has the best homemade walleye taco recipe. Hands down, no comparison. Easily some of the best fish tacos of my life. However, the recipe is beyond top secret. I don't know if Guy knows all her secrets. I was hoping that because I was moving away from ND she may have mercy on me and share, but no dice!

Damn, I have never craved fish tacos so bad in the AM.

measure-it

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great fish taco sauce: mix 50/50 sour cream and Pace picante, add fresh lime juice, minced garlic, fresh-ground black pepper, a little ground cumin--all to taste--and let meld the flavors in the frig for at lease 2 hours. My fav: heated soft corn tortillas, litely breaded, crispy fish chunks, shredded cabbage or lettuce, co-jack cheese shreds, and a squirt of the above sauce. And of course-an adult beverage of choice!

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I like the fish either battered or grilled, personal preference. Use some form or cabbage (shredded or slaw) and then go online and find a mango salsa recipe. Mangos add something a little different than a tomato based salsa. If you're going to fry the battered fish, perch filets make a nice sized piece of fish for tacos. Any fish will do if prepared right. I don't like much breading on mine.

I use a hardshell inside a softshell for my tacos.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Keep the recipes coming!!! Traxion isn’t the only one hungry for fish tacos.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seems fish tacos are becoming a lot more popular. Any new recipes or updates for someone wanting to give them a try? Thanks!

Founding Member
Founding Member
We make them at work all the time. The more stuff to put in them the better. Lately green chili has been a good extra and you alway have to have the slaw and guac.
Along with cheese, salsa, pico,lettuce,onions.
Oh and screw corn tortillas! ����

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Corn tortillas are everything a flour tortilla wishes it could be.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74