mice in camper

grizzly

Established Member
whats everyone using to keep mice out of camper? we keep it very clean and no food left in it, have moth balls under it, drier sheets in it and a electronic device that is supposed to keep them out. we still catch 1 in a trap once in a great while. any other tricks we can try? thanks in advance

Srputz

Founding Member
Founding Member
Put cayenne pepper on the concrete around it and wherever you think they might come in

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
A cat, when I get a few hanging around the yard I never find any mice in combines or tractors or anywhere else until the coyotes eventually eat all of the cats during the winter.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My experience also is a cat. If a cat is around the mice will be elsewhere. If not the mouse is dead. Maybe kinda hard to keep a cat year round in or by the camper. db

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Moved into a trailer on a cattle ranch with no cats. Mice everywhere and tried everything. Got a somewhat house cat and that ended the mice.
Yes mink or weasel. Folks loss all cats on their farm and rats came big time. Then a couple of weasels moved in that winter. end of rats. db-2

Last edited:

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had mine at Devils for 10 years and never had a mouse , always leaving a ton of dryer sheets out, but that's it. There's a lot of cats around the campground tho too

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go under the trailer and make sure everything is closed up. I sealed around the whole under belly. We use cab fresh inside and nothing is left inside seal all blankets etc beds are covered in mint garbage bags. Kill all summer outside via live traps haven't had an issue inside

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just throw fabric softner everywhere for bedding.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a B&C World Record sized garter snake move in under my camper in Aug. Gophers and mice seem to have moved elsewhere.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
SDMF, I think MSA would say that's a female garter snake. He'd also tell you they are hell on mice.

I still have both in abundance.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Fabric softner sheets inside trailer and steel wool in every opening on bottom of trailer.

Established Member
set a light under the camper go inside and look for light around pipes or anything that goes threw the floor plug with copper steel wool they wont chew it and it wont rust.
whats everyone using to keep mice out of camper? we keep it very clean and no food left in it, have moth balls under it, drier sheets in it and a electronic device that is supposed to keep them out. we still catch 1 in a trap once in a great while. any other tricks we can try? thanks in advance

RNinND

Founding Member
Founding Member
Over the years with three different campers I've come to the realization there is no magic bullet. I've tried them all without 100% success. Plug holes, set traps and expect you're going to get one every now and then.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a B&C World Record sized garter snake move in under my camper in Aug. Gophers and mice seem to have moved elsewhere.

I would not be able to sleep in that camper knowing that there is a snake below me trying to get in and kill me while I sleep. Fuck snakes.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67