Salmon tips

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I was going to try my hand at salmon this fall. Last year I tried from shore. Seen a lot of boats trolling around. Was curious if there was a depth to target this time of year. Does color matter or use something with flash. How fas does a guy need to go. I've never done this before so help or tips would be appreciated. Just trying to get 1 or 2 in the boat.

Thanks guys:;:help#$%^&>

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
This time of year most are pulling cranks I think if you don't have riggers. I have a cousin that lives on and fishes lake Michigan for salmon all the time. Has won several tournaments over there. I have always wanted to get him over here and have at it for a few days. But I've never set the boat up for salmon. They run a massive number of lines out there. You can have three lines a piece there. If they have six guys out (big boats) they will have 18 lines in the water. they run planers, they run dipsy's and stacked riggers. It's crazy. The only time I fished salmon in the fall here I had a flasher on with a J-Plug behind it and had three on in one day. But I didn't have the right rods for the situation and didn't get good enough hook sets. But my kid caught one trolling cranks for eyes once on a reef runner. 14lb salmon. amazing fight.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74