Ariens snow blower??

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm looking to upgrade my snow blower and have been leaning towards an Ariens. Does anyone have experience with one? Are they worth the money? Or what other snow blowers do you recommend? Thanks guys!

eliminator

Honored Member
bought one for my daughter a few years ago and was a great machine. never gave her any problems at all---I think there are a lot of good ones out there and the main thing I see is if you take care of them they will last.

bowhunter12

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get the Ariens!
I have one and love it. No issues. Throws snow like a champ. One thing I like about it is the “gear panel” area where the controls are at is all metal construction. Be carful buying any with plastic. That stuff breaks. I know of some Husqvarna that have done that and they no longer work until it is replaced. The tension for the gears under the panels is placed on plastic and its junk. If you look under them you would see what I mean.

walleyeman_1875

★★★ Legendary Member
I bought a 624 about 10 years ago. No issues and starts every year.

Stay away from the ones with plastic components.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought Ariens to avoid plastic breaks.

Guess what happened - ha ha.

7B257C9E-7038-4A8D-B644-DECE84D0A1D6.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

effer cracked

so I riveted a metal plate behind it

now I have no idea how to operate the controls cuz they’re obscured

jr2280

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have one. It’s about 12 years old. I love it. It is a smaller one but runs like it is brand new yet, and other than a little wear on the wear bar looks new yet too. Quality stuff for sure.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got a Husqvarna. It’s ok. Sometimes the drive could be better, but probably avoids too many sheared pins. Snow losing with a walk behind sucks.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 7 or 8 year old Ariens 24 Deluxe with a 250cc Briggs on it. No problems at all so far. Got the 24 because I'm getting old and it fits through a 32" walk in door. It'll blow snow 30 to 40 feet.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just to play devil's advocate; I bought a $500 MTD from Lowe's 9 years ago as a new homeowner and haven't had to do anything to it other than change oil and it's plenty good for my average size driveway.

sheds

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bought the ariens deluxe 30in last year and love it blows snow a long ways. The auto turning takes some getting used to if u hit a low spot it wants to turn but to me its no big deal. Always started on the second pull so i never used the electric start. Threw snow over 40ft the heavy wet slush was throwing about 20ft. Overall i am impressed with it and as stated no plastic. Buddy has a cub cadet 3 stage and loves that to

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a Snotek by Ariens that’s 8 or 9’years old and love it. Runs like a champ. Intelligently designed.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Update! I finally talked myself into getting an Ariens. I bought a Platinum 30inch with a 414cc. Holy hell does it blow snow. Well worth the money!

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Bought a Husqvarna about 3years ago. After one year the drive cable broke and was fixed under warranty, no problems with getting the warranty to cover. Spent close to $1000 and it runs good with lots of power. Now I get to blow snow in the winter and about the time I finish a guy with a skid steer comes and cleans the neighbors driveway. He charges about $15-20 each time he cleans and my neighbor has no work or investment. Makes me think I'll never buy another snowblower.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought a toro 1028HD last march when my driveway got to narrow from my UTVplow,no "shear pins" on this unit,throws snow 50+ft,read good reviews about airens like here,toro 1028HD is all steel construction,power steering,heated handle grips(very nice) also like the shoot adjustment as you motor along,down side is even tho the unit weighs 250lbs it has a tendency to walk up the hard crusty shit at the end of my driveway unless I break it up with a shovel,neighbor bought a used john deere lawn tractor with a 42" blower (20hp motor)that out performs my toro,grinds the crushy shit right up throws it beyound 50' so in the market for a tractor like his that I can just leave in the shed ready to roll when duty calls.have a husquvarna lawn tractor thats a P.O.S. would'nt trust it hooking up a blower.

I use wd40 to lube the auger and shoot,works great,no clogging.

Last edited:

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buddies driveway last winter and his toro 826 snow blower,money well spent...

breck2.jpg

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought a toro 1028HD last march when my driveway got to narrow from my UTVplow,no "shear pins" on this unit,throws snow 50+ft,read good reviews about airens like here,toro 1028HD is all steel construction,power steering,heated handle grips(very nice) also like the shoot adjustment as you motor along,down side is even tho the unit weighs 250lbs it has a tendency to walk up the hard crusty shit at the end of my driveway unless I break it up with a shovel,neighbor bought a used john deere lawn tractor with a 42" blower (20hp motor)that out performs my toro,grinds the crushy shit right up throws it beyound 50' so in the market for a tractor like his that I can just leave in the shed ready to roll when duty calls.have a husquvarna lawn tractor thats a P.O.S. would'nt trust it hooking up a blower.

I use wd40 to lube the auger and shoot,works great,no clogging.

Have you tried https://www.bismanonline.com/ ​or is Bismarck too far?

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a Husqvarna 11hp blower, 32" wide, finger grip turns, wind protector, and one heavy S.O.B. It has put a ton of snow 50-70' away from the driveway. That helps reduce all of the drifting that other machines, blades, etc. leave piled behind.

Go big or go home.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76