Honda Pioneer Suicide doors?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm looking for hard doors for a Honda 700-4. It seems to me that fishing from the UTV in "scouting mode" with suicide doors would be highly advantageous compared to traditional doors.

Anybody have them or used them? If so what brand?

I'm having trouble finding good information on hard doors. UTV products in general seem difficult to get info on. LOTS of products and pricing - but very few videos/pictures so a guy can get a feel for the options. Even the Honda products seem difficult to visualize - just product ID numbers with "Genuine Honda" picture instead of a photo. Maddening!

honda_Parts_button2.png

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 2014 version of the Pioneer. I think it was the first year they came out. As far as the doors, the handles are in a shitty location, but other than that they are fine. Mine are the half doors I got from Honda on the original purchase, but maybe you are looking at a full sized door if you are thinking of it as an ice fishing machine?

Solid machine overall, not the sexiest out there, but a good machine. Really, really like the automatic transmission instead of the belt drive of other manufacturers.

- - - Updated - - -

Note, if you are thinking of using it as an ice fishing machine, you will obviously want the full front windshield. On that I am less satisfied. The plexiglass used is kind of soft. I wrecked mine by pulling it on a trailer at 70 mph into a 25 mph wind on a very hot summer day. It just freaking collapsed!

If I ever replace it, I will be reinforcing the damn thing with some aftermarket re-engineering.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Right - I want to go full cab - install a real glass windshield. The half doors are on it now (no windshield).

I see Honda brand "suicide" style hard doors in later years - looks like Honda never made them for the 2014.

The DFK stuff looks amazing. (price too... ha ha ha)

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just put mattracks on your truck...

- - - Updated - - -

Mattracks and enslowfil. Now that’s winning. Never get stuck or snap of a giant bluegill.

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Speaking purely of the suicide doors, buddy has them on a glass-cab JD Gator. They make for easy in/out when bundled up in ice-fishing garb.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are those doors you jump out of if you have a bad day?

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Curtis makes a great all glass cab. Minimal heat is needed because the cab turns your machine into a greenhouse. Doors are suicide style.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Suicide doors are great for access, but you better make sure they have a good latch. I've seen them fly open while trailering at 80mph. Not sure on the brand of the one i saw do that, but the latches were suspect.

Last edited:

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know space is tight with Royce so if you need a place to park your side by side and enclosed trailer I have room in my yard . Just sayin

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 121
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 73