Sad - It's Almost That Time of Year

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
According to the extended forecast, it's that sad time of the year...when the open water season is ending and it will be weeks before we can safely drill holes in the ice...hate this time of year! Plus I don't hunt to pass this in between time!

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Meh...I'm only sad that we have to turn our clocks back on Sunday, wish we wouldn't have to do that. Otherwise I'm just the opposite of you ndfinfan...I love this time of year. Fishing can wait, it's hunting season.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I know...you hunters do have the advantage this time of year for sure...

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you do both hunt and fish, like most guys I know, you never know what to do. When younger I didn't plan specifically, just got up, and if the wind was blowing too hard went hunting. If it was good fishing weather, maybe did that. Now that I'm older, I just wanna sleep in and play around a little.

There were days back in the mid 2000's where we set up on geese early, and shot some pheasants on the way home. After cleaning them, I took a nap, and the step-son took my 4-wheeler down to the intake with some rods. A little while later he was waking me up, to come down there, and sure enough the bite was on. Nailing 17-25 inch walleye from shore less than a mile from my front door! The geese were shot lees that 5 miles away, and back then the pheasants were so thick It was like I went to war with them. I should have put up a sign on my house Rowdie's butcher shop, as it seemed like that's all I did. Now, I wow what a difference 15 years makes.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67