Apples

Flannel

What can I do with all the apples that are covering my lawn? Got a few apple trees around the yard in this new home and I am drowning in these things. We made apple sauce, pies, dehydrated some too but they just keep coming. I heard the zoo will take them but any other ideas? Willing to give away

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Depending where u are I’m sure a lot of people will take for bait. Are the mush or crisp still?

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
^^^^This! If they are still crisp PM me and I will swing by and fill a bunch of 5 gallon buckets. I've pretty much depleted my in-laws apples that have hit the ground.

Flannel

I could definitely start putting the good ones aside in the future @LOV2HNT. Sounds like a family member of mine came by today and took a bunch so my trees are just about depleted but come next year, I'll be willing to give away more and more. The fallen ones are so-so, sometimes they are perfectly fine other times they crack or get eaten by a squirrel.

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
Run the lawn mower over the ones u don't collect n make apple sauce. That's what I do. My tree is going bye bye next year. It's a bee attracting SOB

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
If apples were gay they wouldn’t be fruit. Deer prefer the taste of regret over the taste of shame.
When putting together furniture, it would seem that would be part of the sales process.
Hot sauce is weirdly crowded

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
If apples were gay they wouldn’t be fruit. Deer prefer the taste of regret over the taste of shame.
When putting together furniture, it would seem that would be part of the sales process.
Hot sauce is weirdly crowded
Fixed it for ya !

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74